Apply your entrepreneurial spirit and lead the transformation of Cedars-Sinai Health System's Value Analysis model - where clinical excellence and stewardship meet.
Cedars-Sinai Health System excels at clinical and research operations, and we're ready to bring our Value Analysis capabilities to the next level. In this role, you'll get to build a modern, system-wide Value Analysis operating model from the ground up to serve a growing health system. You'll work closely with world-renowned leaders in the medical field to deliver results that benefit our patients and further our overall value delivery to the organization. So, what do you say - are you ready to build a world-class capability to serve a world-class health system?
The Executive Director, Supply Chain Value Analysis is responsible for the overarching planning and strategy, focusing around products, equipment, technology, and goods acquired to achieve the desired clinical and operational outcomes. Leads the development and transformation of a sophisticated value analysis portfolio and program for all applicable clinical and nonclinical initiatives. Oversees all product review, evaluation, selection, and sourcing in accordance with evidence-based approach and cost containment practices. Establish and implement standard operating procedures for managing new product request queues and identifying clinically viable substitutions for discontinued products in conjunction with technology-based workflow tools. Provides leadership and training to achieve desired transformational changes and outcomes across the Health System. Oversee and manage a centralized team as well as the Health System Supply Chain Governance process. Support and drive the optimization of patient care to enhance patient safety, satisfaction, physician satisfaction and supply chain performance.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Establishes and executes streamlined system processes for product review, evaluation and utilization of products used in the clinical and non-clinical setting in accordance with cost containment initiatives.
* Oversees analysis and interpretation of complex data sets, including cost-benefit analysis and financial feasibility studies to develop value analysis strategies, priorities and plans. Leads the establishment of goals and execution within budget constraints.
* Identifies and continuously evaluates and improves the implementation of financial, operational and/or quality improvement initiatives.
* Serves as a consultant/liaison for product related issues. Provides recommendations and solutions around standardization and selection of products.
* Projects anticipated volumes and demand for materials management supply resources; conducts cost analysis, collaborates with departmental staff to develop program plans; responsible for making recommendations and product decisions that have substantial budget and quality impact while in alignment with clinical needs. Collaborates closely with key stakeholders across the Health System.
* Reviews and investigates both the requirements and outcomes desired by the internal user; as well as review and investigate the performance of a given product or service to ensure appropriate and cost-effective purchasing decisions are made by the organization.
* Develops, implements, and oversees cross affiliate strategic governance, portfolio management, and process alignment.
Teamwork/Customer Relation Responsibilities:
Collaborates to problem solve and make decisions to achieve desired outcomes
Cultivates and maintains strong customer relationships and rapport with stakeholders and/or client groups
Responds timely, effectively and appropriately to deliverables
Shares knowledge, time and expertise to assist other members of the team
Ensures practices and procedures are inclusive of interpersonal and cultural diversity
Team Lead/Supervisory/Management Responsibilities:
Plans, leads, and directs work of staff to ensure goals and objectives are completed within established budget and deadlines are met.
Responsible for hiring, onboarding, managing schedules, personnel actions, performance reviews, and performance improvement plans.
Bachelor's Degree Business Management, Supply Chain, Finance, Healthcare Administration, and/or related field required.
Master's Degree Business Management, Supply Chain, Finance, Healthcare Administration, and/or related field required.
10 years Supply Chain functional discipline of Value Analysis; experience in areas of purchasing services, facilities, support services, capital functions, identifying and implementing financial, operational and quality improvement strategic plans. required.
5 years Supervisory/management of direct reports within a department, service-line, and/or related required.
Working Title: Exec Dir, Supply Chain Value Analysis
Providing healthcare for more than 100 years, Cedars-Sinai has evolved into one of the most dynamic and highly renowned medical centers in the world. Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. This attracts exceptional talent to Cedars-Sinai, including world-renowned physician-scientists who seek a place where they can both conduct research and see patients--the ideal formula for discovery and its translation into cures. Our patients benefit from access to doctors at the top of their fields, and our researchers have an ideal community in which to study the impact of healthcare challenges, and reflect that knowledge in their research. The greater Los Angeles area in which Cedars-Sinai resides possesses unparalleled cultural and ethnic diversity which offers outstanding opportunities for translational and clinical research and a dynamic environment for medical education.Although community based, Cedars-Sinai is a major t...eaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Cedars-Sinai has highly competitive graduate medical education programs in more than 50 specialty and subspecialty areas, a graduate program in biomedical sciences and translational medicine, a clinical scholars program directed towards junior physicians with aspirations to become clinical scientists, and post graduate training opportunities.There are more than 250 full-time faculty members at Cedars-Sinai. The voluntary medical staff, comprised of more than 2,200 specialty board-certified or board-qualified physicians, represent all of the specialties and subspecialties and collaborate with full-time medical staff in the teaching responsibilities of the graduate medical education programs.