Job no: 501949 Position type: Full-Time 9-Month Department: 012100 - School of Human Sciences Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS Categories: Faculty Position Open Date: Jan 28 2021
To teach undergraduate and graduate courses in human development and family studies and conduct research. The successful applicant for this position will initially have a 67% academic appointment and 33% experiment station appointment with emphasis in Human Development and Family Science.
The School of Human Sciences provides education, research, and outreach programs related to human interaction and relationships, early childhood, child life, youth, adult and family studies, and teacher education in Family and Consumer Sciences and Agricultural Education. In addition, selected School programs focus on commerce, marketing, and using technology for problem solving and designing programs and projects.
Area of Specialization:
Human Development and Family Science
Anticipated Appointment Date:
August 16, 2021
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Teaching courses in human development and family science. * Advising undergraduate and graduate students. * Establishing an active and focused research/scholarship program, including securing extramural funding for research efforts and publishing in respected journals and other outlets. * Providing service to the school, university, profession, and community
* Doctorate in human development and family science or a closely related field. (ABD candidates will be considered.) * Demonstrated interest in and commitment to diversity and to quality teaching in higher education. * Research interest(s) with potential to succeed within the land grant mission. * Ability to work effectively with students, faculty, administrators, and industry professionals.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
* Certification in Family Life Education. * Professional experience in an area related to human development and family science and/or gerontology. * Experience teaching college students, including use of distance education technology. * Effective communication skills using written, verbal, and interpersonal techniques. * Success in competitive extramural funding. * Experience in conducting and publishing research and/or scholarly work.
Instructions for Applying:
* Applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter with current curriculum vitae, philosophy statements regarding teaching, research, and diversity/inclusion, publication or writing sample, and the complete contact information for at least three professional references.
* Review of applications will begin on February 15 and continue until the position is filled.
* For additional questions, please contact Dr. Julie Parker at (662) 325-0828 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Internal Number: 501949
About Mississippi State University
Mississippi State University represents the highest level of research activity for doctorate-granting institutions and is designated by the Carnegie Foundation as an R1-Very High Research Activity University. Also, a National Science Foundation “Top 100” research University, MSU shelters a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s oldest and most prestigious honor society, and values the talents of our distinguished faculty, staff, and student scholars. Here, a culture of inclusion is fostered and we’re driven each day to make a difference at the local, state, regional, national and global levels. At Mississippi State University we invite you to join us as we continue our momentum in research, teaching, and service.
To apply, please go to http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/