Career Services Director, Executive Career Development Center - McDonough School of Business
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Career Services Director, Executive Career Development Center - McDonough School of Business
The Career Services Director will provide leadership and support for the Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) program. The Director monitors and tracks trends; maintaining close attention to evolving trends in data science and business analytics (including new technologies, platforms, services, tools in areas such as data visualization, machine learning, databases, programming, and big data) and distilling career-relevant information for students seeking to join data science and analytics related industries and organizations. The Director takes the initiative to connect with organizations and businesses outside of Georgetown to gather information and insight on trends in data science and business analytics to prepare students for the appropriate career outcomes. The director is also responsible for developing and coordinating career events focused on data science and business analytics including facilitating related lectures in the class. This position reports to the Assistant Dean of the Executive Career Development Center. The core responsibilities are as follows:
1) Communication: Establishing, driving and strategically advancing the mission of the MSBA career outcomes story, by developing communication strategies to impact a diverse set of internal and external audiences (employers, students, prospective employers, prospective students, alumni, faculty and staff). These communications facilitate knowledge of the MSBA Career Services courseware, coaching, network connections, and annual outcomes. The Director also leads projects for the MSBA Program highly visible, annual marketing pieces.
2) Career Development Curricula: Partner with the Assistant Dean, Executive Career Development Center to design and execute a set of comprehensive and effective MSBA Career Curricula, ensuring that our MSBA students are employer-ready in the competitive global recruiting environment, the Director equips our emerging business leaders with advanced career development frameworks, practices, and support. These advanced curricula, offered to all MSBA students, create a positive distinction for the Georgetown MSBA programs over its competitors. The Director will focus initially and primarily on the MSBA Job Search Course. The Director will serve in an interdisciplinary role, working with various McDonough Career Services team members, multiple departments across the McDonough School of Business (Program Offices, Admissions, Communications), and current students to ensure the development experience is comprehensive.
3) Onboarding: The Director will be responsible for the large-scale career onboarding of prospective students and admits - working closely with the MSBA Admissions Teams to ensure that all matriculating students are successfully handed forward to the MSBA Program teams.
4) Coaching & Special Program Management: Creating and maintaining special expanded program career services - such as specialized coaching programs, career exploration programs and career treks.
5) Curricular & Digital Resource Management: Overseeing and auditing MSBA digital curricula resources (e.g. Canvas and Handshake) to improve the quality of curricula presentation. The Director will create and manage annual success story collection, and implement a coordinated internal web resource (Handshake). This role requires someone who is highly collaborative with a strategic mindset, attention to detail, and effective communication (written, presentation, and teaching) skills.
6) Monitor and Track Trends: Maintaining close attention to evolving trends in data science and business analytics (including new technologies, platforms, services, tools in areas such as data visualization, machine learning, databases, programming, and big data) and distilling career-relevant information for students seeking to join data science and analytics related industries and organizations.
The Director takes the initiative to connect with organizations and businesses outside of Georgetown to gather information and insight on trends in data science and business analytics to prepare students for the appropriate career outcomes.
Master's degree in Higher Education, Business, Human Resources or related discipline
Career Coaching certification preferred
5-7 years of progressive experience in Career Development (preferably in a business school setting), Recruiting or Human Resources field
Career development expertise with specific insight into job search and promotions strategy, tools and practice
2 years of college-level instruction/teaching experience preferred
Exceptional executive-level presentation design and delivery skills
Expert interpersonal and workplace diplomacy skills, and knowledge of effectively conveying MSBA Career Services messages to key stakeholders; high-level competency with integrated communications
Strong public speaking ability, and excellent professional writing and editing skills both to inform and influence across digital and traditional print media
Ability to think strategically and develop new programs to address needs of stakeholders
Familiarity with or knowledge of tools and technologies in data science and business analytics including but not limited to R, Python and SQL
Conceptual understanding of data engineering, data science, machine learning, data visualization and dashboards
Experience utilizing virtual content delivery platforms and other digital systems including but not limited to Zoom, WebEx, GoToWebinar, Qualtrics, Salesforce, Basecamp, and Dreamweaver
Demonstrated ability to provide thoughtful, developmental career coaching in one-on-one, small, and large group settings; strong leadership, coaching/advising skills
Understanding of adult learning styles
Hands on individual willing to manage and perform all aspects of the role
Career Coaching certification highly preferred. Extensive experience in course development and deployment
Competent with online media to include databases, inter and intranet, social media sites, and campus recruiting software
Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Experience working with data science and business analytics tools such as R, Python and SQL
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered as an applicant for any position at Georgetown University, you must submit a resume/CV, along with a cover letter. Applications missing either a resume or cover letter will not be considered.
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
Established in 1789, Georgetown is the nation's oldest Catholic and Jesuit University. Georgetown is one of the world's leading academic and research institutions, offering a unique educational experience that prepares the next generation of global citizens to lead and make a difference in the world.