Faculty Name and Title: Dr. Hoda AlKhzaimi, Director Center for Cyber Security, Research Assistant Professor
Research Project Description: The goal of this research project is to meet the growing challenges that are faced in securing networked information technology systems that have become pervasive and address broader political, economic and policy issues that help understand and mitigate cyber risk. The goal is to bring together technologists and scientists who model integration of technical, legal, financial, and psychological aspects to develop secure, reliable, and practical solutions to meet the information security and privacy challenges of today's interconnected world. Research Assistants and Research Engineering candidates play a vital role in supporting these research activities
- BS is required, MS preferred
- Candidates must hold (or be close to completing) an MS in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering or quantitative social sciences.
- Ability to implement in different potential software or Hardware languages (preferably C or VHDL).
- Ability to follow up and contribute to critical analysis of research problems and develop independent ideas around testing and evaluation of security systems
- Ability to write technical reports and research papers
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
- Ability to engage in meetings with researchers and faculty, presentation skills
Preferred Qualifications: Experience aimed at, but not limited to:
- Cyber threat intelligence
- Network analytics
- Hardware and critical-infrastructure security
- User-centric security
- Strong publication record and hands-on skills
1. Cover letter and Research statement
3. List of publications
4. Three letters of reference with referee contact information
For people in the EU, click here for information on your privacy rights under GDPR: www.nyu.edu/it/gdpr
NYU is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity, and social inclusion.
Internal Number: 58010
About New York University
Founded in 1831, New York University is now one of the largest private universities in the United States. Of the more than 3,000 colleges and universities in America, New York University is one of only 60 member institutions of the distinguished Association of American Universities.