Job no: 501959 Position type: Full-Time 12-Month Department: 441300 - MS State University Foundation Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS Categories: Professional Position Open Date: Jan 12 2021
The communication specialist provides creative support for internal and external communication efforts including print publications, electronic publications and selected correspondence materials. the communication specialist is under the direction of the publications manager for the division of development and alumni.
1. Responsible for writing and generating correspondence for the following: a. Recognition letters for the Executive Director for Communication and Donor Relations b. Acknowledgement letters for: i. MSU President ii. MSU Foundation Board Chair iii. Vice President for Development and Alumni iv. Executive Director for Development
2. Responsible for writing news and feature stories and assisting with the creation of promotional content for various print and digital publications such as: a. Foundations Magazine b. Alumnus Magazine c. MSU Foundation's Annual Report d. E-Newsletters e. Press Releases
3. May be required to conduct interviews, pursue additional subject research, and collect photography as needed for written assignments.
4. Responsible for writing and preparing proposals for prospective donors.
5. Other duties as assigned.
1. Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education approved by the Department of Human Resources Management. 2. Familiarity with AP style. 3. Two years of directly related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Excellent journalism skills with particular interest in news and feature writing. 2. High level of organization and experience with Microsoft Excel. 3. Ability to prioritize competing demands and to meet strict deadlines. 4. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
Complete online application. Provide cover letter and resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Internal Number: 501959
About Mississippi State University
Mississippi State University represents the highest level of research activity for doctorate-granting institutions and is designated by the Carnegie Foundation as an R1-Very High Research Activity University. Also, a National Science Foundation “Top 100” research University, MSU shelters a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s oldest and most prestigious honor society, and values the talents of our distinguished faculty, staff, and student scholars. Here, a culture of inclusion is fostered and we’re driven each day to make a difference at the local, state, regional, national and global levels. At Mississippi State University we invite you to join us as we continue our momentum in research, teaching, and service.
To apply, please go to http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/