New York University Rory Meyers College of Nursing is committed to development of the next generation of nurse scientists and is seeking to fill a Postdoctoral role for the Fall of 2021 for a two year appointment. The individual would be dedicated to the development of knowledge, new methodologies and interventions aimed at improving health outcomes. Applicant's area of interest must be aligned with at least one of Meyers' areas of emphasis: chronic disease, geriatrics, health services or HIV.
1. Dissertation completed within the last year. If you have not yet completed your dissertation at the time of application, please provide verification in writing from your dissertation chair that your dissertation will be completed by August 1, 2021. Please upload verification as an additional document in the document upload section.
2. Earned PhD in nursing or if PhD is in a different health related field, then a masters must be held in nursing.
3. Qualified candidates must be eligible to work in the US at the time of hire and for the duration of this 2 year appointment; this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
4. Applications must be received by midnight April 1, 2021. Applicants selected for interviews will be notified by April 15, 2021.
1. Curriculum vitae
2. Statement of research and goals (2 pages maximum)
3. A personal statement detailing the reasons for applying for a fellowship and how the proposed research fits with the research area of one of the training faculty at the College of Nursing (for potential mentors: https://nursing.nyu.edu/research)
4. Three letters of reference from individuals familiar with your scholarly or creative work. Applicants will be prompted to upload reference contact information as part of the application process. Letters should be addressed to Dr. Gail D'Eramo Melkus, Vice Dean for Research.
5. Transcripts of graduate study
6. A dissertation abstract and reprints of publications
All application materials must be received by midnight April 1, 2021. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Applicants selected for interviews will be notified by April 15, 2021. Awards will be announced on or about May 14, 2021. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
For people in the EU, click here for information on your privacy rights under GDPR: www.nyu.edu/it/gdpr
NYU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its recruitment and hiring process without regard to age, alienage, caregiver status, childbirth, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, domestic violence victim status, ethnicity, familial status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, partnership status, predisposing genetic characteristics, pregnancy, race, religion, reproductive health decision making, sex, sexual orientation, unemployment status, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.
NYU aims to be among the greenest urban campuses in the country and carbon neutral by 2040. Learn more at nyu.edu/sustainability
Internal Number: 82339
About New York University
Founded in 1831, New York University is now one of the largest private universities in the United States. Of the more than 3,000 colleges and universities in America, New York University is one of only 60 member institutions of the distinguished Association of American Universities.