Primary Purpose: Reporting to the Associate VP for Career Development, the Director for Corporate and Employer Engagement (CEE) is responsible for leading all Career Services initiatives with regard to recruiting diverse, top tier employers to hire and provide internship opportunities for University of the Pacific students. This position also supports expanding efforts to connect current students with alumni in the context to life as a stewardship and work as a vocation. This position directly supervises a team of 4 professionals who make up the Career Services' Employer Engagement Team. This individual will play an important role in the department's expanding partnership with University Advancement in securing employer and corporate funding. Additionally, this individual is a member of the department's Leadership Team and as such will be required to routinely provide strategic insight in support of operational objectives and approved KPI's.
Essential Functions: 1. Assesses, executes, and oversees a comprehensive employer engagement strategy for the institution consistent with approved operational KPIs and 5-year strategic plan.
2. Supervises and provide strategic direction for a team of 4 employer engagement team specialists who are located on different parts of the Stockton campus.
3. Proposes and reviews existing strategies and objectives to generate new long-term plans based on employer market trends and best practices.
4. Oversees the departments Employer 2.0 Satisfaction initiative .
5. Directly supports the departments rapidly expanding partnership efforts with University Advancement to ultimately secure funding from employers, corporations, and individuals to support student career development at Pacific.
6. Leads 2 annual university-wide career and internship fairs accounting for a combined 200 employer organizations and 800-1,000 student participants.
7. Promotes the benefits of Pacifics liberal arts education and the application of that education toward the development of top talent to prospective employers in writing and spoken communications.
8. Leads all employer engagement efforts within Career Services to most effectively coordinate on and off-campus activity via: Employer site visits; On Campus recruiting; Employer information sessions; Mock interview programming.
9. Evaluates internship and employment requirements to determine congruency with Pacifics policies.
10. Employs strategies including cold calling, professional association membership, direct referrals, and cross-industry marketing to increase employer interest and participation.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of five (5) years directly relevant experience required.
Preferred Qualifications: Skills/Knowledge and Expertise: Outstanding written and oral communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills and the demonstrated ability to set priorities and take initiative. Strong understanding of and ability to effectively assesses employer/market trends. Self-motivation to manage multiple projects and programs simultaneously. Ability to work collegially with a diverse group of faculty, staff, administrators, and employers on a daily basis. Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking across campus, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel: Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Work performed during standard business hours, additional work hours outside business hours maybe required to meet business needs. Some travel required including attending related conference and in developing partnerships with employers.
Valid drivers license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the Universitys fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, exempt
Background Check Statement: All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.
University of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Drawing on its rich legacy as the oldest chartered university in California, Pacific is a student-focused, comprehensive educational institution that produces outstanding graduates prepared for personal and professional success. Our student body thrives in Pacific's small classes and dynamic cultural environment, while our distinguished alumni are transforming their communities every day.University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked university with a long tradition of dedicated teaching, small class sizes, practical experience and vibrant residential life. The breathtaking main campus in Stockton, California is home to seven schools and colleges, with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry in San Francisco. Total university enrollment is nearly 7,000, with 3,757 undergraduates in an average class size of 19 and a student/faculty ratio of 14:1. Eighty-seven percent of students come from California, with 35 other states and 25 foreign countries also represented.