For UCOP internal applicants, please login to the internal candidate gateway at:Jobs at UCOP
At the University of California (UC), your contributions make a difference. A world leader producing Nobel and Pulitzer prize recipients with over 150 years of groundbreaking research transforming the world. Choose a career where you can leverage your knowledge, skills and aspirations to inspire and support some of the greatest minds in the world, and those who will follow in their footsteps. Working at the University of California is being part of a unique institution, and a vibrant and diverse community. At the University of California, Office of the President, we propel our mission through impactful work locally, in government centers and systemwide. We are passionate people, serving the greater good.
The University of California, one of the largest and most acclaimed institutions of higher learning in the world, is dedicated to excellence in teaching, research and public service. The University of California Office of the President is the headquarters to the 10 campuses, five medical centers and three national laboratories and enrolls premier students from California, the nation and the world. Learn more about the UC Office of the President
The UCPath Center is the University of California's shared services center in Riverside, CA. The UCPath Center manages the payroll, benefits, and other human resources transactions for more than 200,000 UC employees working across ten UC campuses, five medical centers, three national labs and more. The staff at the UCPath Center work in a variety of areas including business operations, customer service, quality management, technology, training, human resources and communications. Learn more about the UCPath Center
The Benefits Assistant will work within the UCPath Center, reporting directly to the Benefit Production Supervisor. Benefits Assistant is responsible for supporting the implementation of the UCPath Center. Key activities may include supporting the development of training materials, documentation of processes and procedures, systems testing, and others. The Benefits Assistant will be responsible for providing assistance to the extended HR team with respect to health and welfare benefits inquiries and issues. This entails the implementation and operation of benefits administrative practices and procedures for complying with federal and state legislation. The Benefits Assistant is also responsible for the analysis/testing, implementation and administration of new/revised organizational benefit programs and policies, including the technical component of these processes.
- Assists on the daily data audits of benefit plans to ensure appropriate deductions and to identify systemic issues.
- Processes routine enrollments, 1095c form coding and changes to employee benefits and leave accruals adjustments.
- Reviews benefit, retirement, accrual and/or eligibility audits/queries to identify employees with action needed. Performs routine corrections as identified on audits.
- Identify and document process steps for quick references and desk reference guides for established business processes that have not yet been documented.
- Performs routine/documented research steps to assist in identification of benefit, retirement, and accrual eligibility issues and under supervision preforms appropriate action as needed.
- Assists in the administration, analysis/testing and implementation of new/revised organizational benefit programs and policies, including the technical component of these processes
- Assists in runs of accruals, and interfaces custom processes based on defined parameters and specifications.
- Participates in system and process fact finding sessions with ITSS and business partners for benefits, accruals, and interfaces.
- Works with other assistants and IT to set up queries and jobs, based on defined parameters and specifications related to benefits processes.
- Generates metrics for case management based on set criteria.
- Participates, as required, in other department projects
- Performs other related duties as required
A minimum of two (2) years relevant benefits, project management, HR, business administration experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to extract relevant data and information from a larger body of material to summarize for reports and procedures.
Ability to reconcile discrepancies in data and information to ensure accuracy.
Ability to be flexible in adapting to changes in priorities, assignments, and other interruptions, which may impact pre-established timelines and courses of action for completing projects and assignments.
Demonstrates analytical skills to conduct limited analysis and develop recommendations.
Strong organizational and time management skills.
Ability to provide high quality work utilizing strong and effective communication (written and verbal), and collaboration skills.
Excellent people skills, with ability to effectively interact, collaborate in a team environment, and influence across all levels of an organization.
Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments.
Ability to work with diverse individuals to collect necessary information.
Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with management, staff, and internal, and external stakeholders.
Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive and confidential information obtained through the course of completing assignments.
High School Diploma; Required
Associate or Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Sociology, Business Administration or related field; Preferred
Smoke Free Work Environment: The University of California, Office of the President, is smoke & tobacco-free as of January 1, 2014. UC Smoke & Tobacco Free Policy
The University of California, Office of the President, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. EEO/AA Employer UC nondiscrimination policy.
The University of California, Office of the President, strives to make this job board accessible to any and all users. If you have comments regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at: Accessibility or email the Human Resource Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
About University of California Office of the President
The Office of the President is the systemwide headquarters of the University of California, managing its fiscal and business operations and supporting the academic and research missions across its campuses, labs and medical centers.