Join Harborview Medical Center's teams of outstanding med/surg/acute care/tele nurses! (Registered Nurse 2; RN2). Harborview Medical Center is a level one adult and pediatric trauma center as well as regional burn center for a four state region; a teaching and research hospital for the University of Washington; and a public/safety-net hospital for our diverse community
*3EH - Med/Tele - currently no positions are in recruitment (please check back, recruitment could resume at any time).
*4EH - Med/Tele/Oncology - *4EH - Med/Tele/Oncology -90% FTE Day shift & 90% FTE Night shift position open.
*4WH - Trauma Rehabilitation - 90% FTE, Evening shift; and per diem position open.
*5EH - Med/Surg/Tele - 90% FTE night position currently open; and per diem position open.
*6EH - Ortho Trauma - 90% FTE night position currently open; per diem positions available (per diem - minimum availability 6 -8 shifts per month, day/evening shift, at least two weekend shifts per month)..
*6MB - Planned Surgery (also includes med/surg/ortho/neuro/trauma; 90% night & 90% day position currently open; and per diem position open.
*7EH - Trauma/General Surgery - per diem position open.
*8EH - Burns/Plastics/Peds - currently no positions are in recruitment (please check back, recruitment could resume at any time).
*Acute Care Float Pool - 90% FTE day position open
*3WH - Neuro/Tele- 90% FTE night position open; and, per diem variable position open (per diem position with a minimum availability of 6 -8 shifts per month).
***3WH - Neuro/Tele (Neuroscience) is an award winning 45 bed acute care unit*** floor specializes in the management of acute trauma and acute vascular disease, patients with aneurysms, as well as other neurosurgical problems such as brain tumors and spinal disorders. We also provide expert management of stroke and epilepsy patients.
Harborview's Neurosciences acute care (neuro/tele) unit is a Comprehensive Stroke Center and proud to be the recipient of the Top Box and Patient Satisfaction Award for five quarters. We can thank the wonderful Achievements and Great work to the amazing leaders and staff members who make up the 3 West family!
Harborview Acute Care Unit Descriptions:
• 3EH, 3 East Hospital- Medicine/Telemetry - is a 32 bed acute care unit that works with a multidisciplinary care team to care for patients with a wide range of complex medical/surgical problems that often encompasses chronic underlying conditions, cardiac issues, substance abuse, and socioeconomic difficulties.
• 4EH, 4 East Hospital- Medicine/Telemetry/Oncology -Provides safe, quality care for acutely ill adult patients experiencing a wide range of complex medical and surgical problems, including the COVID19 patient population.
• 4WH --4W Inpatient Trauma Rehabilitation provides care 24 hours a day to our rehabilitation inpatients with therapy provided 3-6 hours per day, 6 days per week. Inpatient rehabilitation is provided for stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, and disease, multiple trauma, and burns. In addition to our rehabilitation patients, we have 4 medical-surgical beds for acute care patients who are potential rehabilitation candidates but not yet ready for rehabilitation and for the post-operative stay of our sacral flap patients.
• 5EH, 5 East Hospital- Medicine/Surgical/Telemetry- Provide quality care to a wide range of complex and acutely ill patients, primarily medicine, cardiology and surgical and vascular patients requiring telemetry monitoring.
• 6EH, 6 East Hospital Trauma/Orthopedic- is a 26-bed unit specializing in acute care level orthopedic injuries as well as medicine and other general surgery patients. Patients have typically sustained complex orthopedic injuries including fractures of the spine, pelvis, long bones, hands or feet. 6 East Hospital also specializes in the care of patients who have undergone replantation surgeries and flap procedures.
• 6MB, 6 Maleng Bldg.- Planned Surgery- is a 30 bed unit includes med/surg/ortho/neuro/trauma- Common surgeries include complex foot and ankle surgeries including total ankle, complex spine surgery, neurosurgery. Caring for patients from all of the surgical specialties (except burns). Exposure to a broad range of patient cases.
• 7EH, 7 East Hospital –Trauma/Surgery - staff members work as an interdisciplinary team to provide safe, quality care for adult, geriatric and adolescent trauma, general surgery, and vascular surgery patients. These patients have unique challenges often encompassing complex wound care, substance abuse and chronic underlying conditions. The unit staff consists of RNs with assistive nursing support staff.
• 8EH, 8 East Hospital- Acute Care Burns/ Plastics and Pediatric Trauma- is a 24-bed unit that is a part of the Regional Burn Center and Level 1 Adult and Pediatric Trauma center for the WAMI Region. Our staff are specialized in caring for adult and pediatric patients with burns, complex wound care and pediatric trauma. We work closely with multidisciplinary teams and utilize their expertise in order to provide holistic and patient family-centered care to ensure the best possible outcome for our patients.
Founded in 1861, the University of Washington is one of the oldest public institutions in the west coast and one of the preeminent research universities in the world. The University of Washington is a multi-campus university comprised of three different campuses: Seattle, Tacoma, and Bothell. The Seattle campus is made up of sixteen schools and colleges that serve students ranging from an undergraduate level to a doctoral level. The university is home to world-class libraries, arts, music, drama, and sports, as well as the highest quality medical care in Washington State and a world-class academic medical center. The teaching and research of the University’s many professional schools provide undergraduate and graduate students the education necessary toward achieving an excellence that will serve the state, the region, and the nation. As part of a large and diverse community, the University of Washington serves more students than any other institution in the Northwest.