Healthcare, Information Technology, Staff/Administrative
DEPARTMENT: Clinical Learning Center (CLC)
SUPERVISOR(S): Director/Assistant Directors of the CLC
HOURS: 9am-5pm Monday through Friday
GRADE/SALARY RANGE: 5
The Simulation Specialist will have the responsibility for installation, maintenance, and general operation of high, medium and low fidelity simulation equipment, audio-visual equipment and all computers used in the servicing and training of faculty, staff and students. The Specialist should be able to provide exceptional customer service, including the ability to express technical information effectively to non-technical persons. Ideally, the incumbent will also have knowledge of and experience with clinical training equipment, scheduling and simulation laboratory operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Setup, operate and maintain simulation equipment, task trainers, computerized simulators and virtual reality procedural trainers with the ability to follow all aspects of scenarios and make appropriate adjustments to technology systems
· Under general guidance from the Director of Simulation Education, the Specialist will collaborate to support educational activities and technology innovations in the CLC
· Responsible for the orientation, training, and ongoing support of simulation faculty and staff involving simulation technology
· Collaborate with clinical faculty during simulations with the ability to make appropriate adjustments based on the needs of the particular scenario
· Inventory and manage simulation and laboratory equipment and supplies
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the nursing program
· May be involved with the educational aspects of scenarios
• Other duties as assigned
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Baccalaureate degree in Computer Science or Health related field with 3-5 years in simulation or technology field or equivalent combination of educational experience
• Demonstrate ability to assess, troubleshoot, and fix equipment issues rapidly, at times in stressful settings
• Strong interpersonal, customer service, and organizational skills
• Strong problem-solving skills in working with various faculty members, staff and students from different program levels
• Ability to maintain close working relationship with Laerdal support services
• Ability to work closely with Molloy College IT department
Technical skills and experience in the following is a plus:
· Laerdal manikins (High to low)
· Laerdal Sim Capture System
· LLeap Software
· Advanced Personal Computer Operations
· IP Networking
· Learning Management System or other LMS experience
· Acuity Scheduling System
RESPONSIBILITY FOR PUBLIC CONTACT:
Contact with external and internal constituencies in-person by telephone, and electronically are an integral aspect of the position. Courtesy, discretion, and judgement are vital.
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATION: Certificated Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist (CHSOS) desired
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Personal computer, simulation equipment and supplies, audio/video equipment, LMS, scheduling software
While performing duties of the job, the frequency requires to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Significant usage of personal computer on a daily basis is necessary. The employee must be able to perform mechanical, electrical and heavy lifting tasks. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate, but may vary
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com . Please include the position title in the subject line.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
About Molloy College
Molloy College, an independent, Catholic college rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership.