As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
Under the general supervision of the Corporate Manager of Purchasing or his/her designee, the Procurement Specialist operates within the established organization and departmental policies and procedures. The Procurement Specialist provides procurement process support to PHS Customers and Suppliers. Procurement process support includes the following tasks as presented in the Principal Duties and Responsibilities Section. The Procurement Specialist will have extensive contact with PHS Suppliers and PHS Customers (Research, Clinical and Administrative).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Is a model of Service Excellence to demonstrate appropriate and professional behavior. Ensures proper communication and collaboration within the department, across the PHS network, and with external customers, in keeping with the PHS Finance Service Excellence Guiding Principles.
• Take responsibility for assigned requisitions. Source description only requests through existing vendors when possible, using knowledge of PHS item file and alternate vendors.
• Process any orders requiring manual buyer intervention including: standing, blanket, bill-only, description-only, new vendor requests, services, independent contractors, and summary orders.
• Review purchase requisitions for appropriateness with regard to budgets and their conformance with established policies and procedures.
• Identify and/or select potential sources of services or supplies
• Assists in determining if newly suggested vendors are appropriate to add to the PHS Vendor File.
• Administer purchase orders and other transactions from requisition development to completion.
• Utilizes a computerized/automated materials management system(s) which includes EDI processing, PeopleSoft web-based vendor direct programs (punch out vendors), and GHX.
• Familiarizes himself/herself with the characteristics and functions of the product by utilizing reference sources and resource persons.
• Follows up and offers feedback to users on requisitions outstanding.
• Maintains documentation of sourcing with due consideration to price, quality, availability and delivery accurately.
• Respects and maintains the confidentiality of all patient, physician, and hospital related information.
• Cooperates and communicates in an effective, professional manner with supervisor, management, peers, general staff, physicians, other personnel.
• Encourages open communication and verbalization of opinions among staff in attempt to identify and resolve problems and improve the overall efficiency of the department
• Other duties as requested by Manager of Purchasing and/or designee.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent education preferred with three to five years experience, preferably in a healthcare-related purchasing setting. Customer service support related work preferred.
• Requires excellent organizational skills.
• Requires excellent verbal, written, and communication skills.
• Requires the ability to work independently, take initiative, prioritize tasks and escalate issues as needed.
• Able to collaborate in a team environment.
• Knowledge of basic computer systems (ex: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office) and preferably PHS applications (ex: PeopleSoft, GHX).
EEO Statement Partners HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. Partners Healthcare System Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Internal Number: 3139057-1435_1607615208
About MGH Institute of Health Professions
MGH Institute of Health Professions, founded by Massachusetts General Hospital in 1977, is an innovative and independent graduate school in Boston that is a member of Partners HealthCare. A progressive leader in developing comprehensive models of health care education, the MGH Institute prepares advanced practice professionals in the fields of nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy and communication sciences and disorders through a distinctive combination of academic study, clinical practice, and research. More than 1,200 students are enrolled in graduate level and certificate programs, with an increasing number of courses available online. The Institute is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).