The Grounds Department at the University of Tennessee at Martin is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Landscaping Aide. This is a regular, full-time position with benefits.
* Responsible for maintaining and enhancing the safety, appearance, and functionality of the campus grounds. Also, the moving of University furniture and furnishings, and performing set-ups and strikes of tables, chairs, and other furnishings and equipment is required.
* Installation and maintenance of ornamental flower beds, shrubs, trees, turf, typical Green House work, and hardscape as directed by Grounds Supervisors. This includes, but is not limited to, the cultivation, fertilization, seeding, and mowing of all turf areas. Prune shrubs and trees to specifications.
* Participates in the utilization and maintenance of specialized landscape and grounds maintenance equipment. This equipment includes, but is not limited to stump grinder, commercial lawn mowers, tractors, loaders, tillers, weed-eaters, gator type vehicles, sweepers, aerators, vacuum machines, blowers, sprayers, etc.
* Participates in the application of chemicals and fertilizers including the use of herbicides, fungicides, insecticides, and growth retardants as directed by Grounds Supervisors. Stores, maintains, mixes, and applies agricultural and commercial chemicals in conformity with state and federal regulations.
* Performs and assigns various cleaning and housekeeping tasks as directed by Grounds Supervisor. Makes minor repairs to structures, facilities, and earthworks. Performs litter and debris removal from projects, and on routine basis. Participates in litter control throughout campus.
* Cleans, patches, resurfaces, and maintains streets, walks, parking areas, etc. This includes the removal of snow, litter, leaves, and other debris. Apply salt and maintain safety standards on walkways during inclement weather. Erects signs and installs flags as directed by Grounds Supervisor.
Internal Number: 208186
The primary purpose of the University of Tennessee at Martin is to provide a quality undergraduate education in a traditional collegiate atmosphere characterized at all levels by close collaboration among students, faculty and staff. In addition, the university is dedicated to meeting lifelong educational needs by providing graduate programs, distance-learning opportunities and other creative endeavors. Furthermore, the university is committed to advancing the regional and global community through scholarly activities, research and public service.