Administrative/Support, Financial, Human Resources, Staff/Administrative
With general guidance, this position identifies, researches, and recommends enhancements for data collection and analyses within multiple HR and Finance systems. This position plans, supports, and manages data entry and reporting related to university improvements, application support, training, records management and data integrity.
· Onboard all new hires (FT/PT Staff and Faculty, Work Study, GA’s, Adjuncts)
· Adjunct contract questions and payout
· PAF (Personnel Action Form) Changes: Terminations, new hires, position changes, supervisor changes, title changes, pay rate changes, labor allocation changes, benefit enrollment changes, classification changes, etc
· Open Enrollment: rollover/update benefit plans in Paycom, update all paperwork/rates/dates as needed.
· Time Management
· Annual audit
· Reset login, answer questions about logging in to Paycom, email, Spalding portal
· Answer questions about pay rate changes, permissions/access, benefit changes, new hires, paperwork requirements, etc
· Receive and get signed all MFA contracts. Upload into Paycom and return to employees
· Update notification settings, emails as needed
· Initiate termination surveys
· Employment verifications
· Audit data entry constantly, updating Paycom constantly to reflect updated positions, etc
· Post jobs
· Pull reports and update personnel files as needed
· Bachelor degree in technical or business related field
· Adept at self-managing projects, timelines and prioritization of work tasks to meet unit demands.
· Demonstrated knowledge of database management with competence in relational databases.
· Demonstrated experience with word processing, spreadsheets, internet, and statistical software.
· Proficient Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
· Excellent attention to detail, and critical thinking skills.
· Ability to work effectively with administration, faculty, and staff.
· Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
· Prefers experience in one or more of the following: Employee data, payroll, benefits data, and reporting.
The ideal candidate will have worked previously in a college or university setting and have two or more years of professional experience in a human resources office environment.
Desirable Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
· Professional demeanor; ability to foster positive communication with visitors, students, administrators, faculty and staff.
· Strong customer service skills; capacity to handle requests in a timely and efficient manner.
· Ability to access information from a variety of different sources and use sound judgment in the decision-making process.
· Experience with word processing and data entry, and in using various programs within the Windows® operating system: E-mail, calendar functions, Microsoft Word®, Excel® and PowerPoint®.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality in matters relating to student privacy and release of information.
The most successful candidate should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
· Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
· Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
· Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings. Courteous and professional with internal and external customers.
· Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
· Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
· Quality control and Attention to Detail—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
· Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
About Spalding University
Nestled in the midst of Kentucky’s largest city, historic Spalding University combines a rich history and a commitment to community service as we attract students who desire a high quality education in a very personalized setting. An engaged faculty serves nearly 2500 students at the bachelors’, masters and doctoral levels, providing quality, real-world learning in liberal and professional studies. Faculty, staff and students are united by the institutional mission: Spalding University is a diverse community of learners dedicated to meeting the needs of the times in the tradition of the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth through quality undergraduate and graduate liberal and professional studies, grounded in spiritual values, with emphasis on service and the promotion of peace and justice. With a focus on community service and leadership, Spalding offers all students a mission-driven connection to community and comprehensive learning resources while striking a distinctive balance serving the educational needs of both the traditional student and the working adult. In addition, our unique 6-week session delivery format affords students needed scheduling flexibility amidst other life resp...onsibilities. Spalding University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The University complies with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity laws. It is the University’s policy not to discriminate against any individual or group of individuals and to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, veteran status or other protected status. All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening as well as a criminal background check.