Under the direction of the Chairman and Departmental Leadership, participate in the clinical and programmatic activities which support the Medical Center's mission of quality patient care, research, quality services, education and training
To the extent that these Programmatic services involve your professional physician clinical services, you shall at all times be acting and serving as an independent contractor with respect to the Medical Center. The Medical Center shall neither have nor exercise any control or direction over the methods by which you perform your professional physician clinical services.
* Participate in all areas of the Pediatric Pulmonary Service and the Pediatric Pulmonary Clinic, including research and teaching components.
* Provide medical supervision and services as needed in the provision of outpatient and hospital-based patient medical services.
* Provides professional consultative expertise in Pediatric Pulmonary medicine.
* Assists in the direction of the inpatient services in Pediatric Pulmonary medicine and the personnel and programs it encompasses.
* Additiona l duties as deemed by Chairman or Department Leadership.
* Ongoing leadership and development in the area of Pediatric
Pulmonary Medicine. Participation in departmental and institutional committees and activities deemed by department leadership.
* Additional duties as deemed by Chairman or Department Leadership .
* Participation in the educational programs in pediatric pulmonary medicine for Residents, Fellows, Medical Students, Attending Physicians and allied health professionals.
The position will be expected to participate in Research Activities approved by the Chairman, to include presentations at national meetings and publications in respected peer review journals.
5. Ensures compliance with state and federal laws, accreditation, professional and regulatory agency standards including quality assurance and licensure requirements within the divisions. Assist in establishing and maintaining a quality assurance program acceptable to the Medical Center as required by The Joint Commission, state and other agencies, which shall include a systematic review of the quality, safety, and appropriateness of services rendered.
6. Pursuant to the Minimum Necessary Information Access Policy (#ADM00127), the minimum access to individually identifiable patient information permitted for this individual is secured and maintained in the home department's employee file.
1. Medical Degree from an accredited medical school
2. Board Certification (or eligibility within three (3) years of Pediatric Pulmonary Fellowship completion) in Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine
3. Unrestricted California license as Physician
4. Medical Center Medical Staff Membership
5. Three (3) years' experience in similar position
6. A published author of peer reviewed articles, with ability to serve as principal or co-investigator
7. A track record of excellence in teaching, patient care and administration
8. Computer competency comprised of a working knowledge of windows and/or a comparable operating system that sufficiently provides for access to patient and other business information
Working Title: Director, Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine
Providing healthcare for more than 100 years, Cedars-Sinai has evolved into one of the most dynamic and highly renowned medical centers in the world. Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. This attracts exceptional talent to Cedars-Sinai, including world-renowned physician-scientists who seek a place where they can both conduct research and see patients--the ideal formula for discovery and its translation into cures. Our patients benefit from access to doctors at the top of their fields, and our researchers have an ideal community in which to study the impact of healthcare challenges, and reflect that knowledge in their research. The greater Los Angeles area in which Cedars-Sinai resides possesses unparalleled cultural and ethnic diversity which offers outstanding opportunities for translational and clinical research and a dynamic environment for medical education.Although community based, Cedars-Sinai is a major t...eaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Cedars-Sinai has highly competitive graduate medical education programs in more than 50 specialty and subspecialty areas, a graduate program in biomedical sciences and translational medicine, a clinical scholars program directed towards junior physicians with aspirations to become clinical scientists, and post graduate training opportunities.There are more than 250 full-time faculty members at Cedars-Sinai. The voluntary medical staff, comprised of more than 2,200 specialty board-certified or board-qualified physicians, represent all of the specialties and subspecialties and collaborate with full-time medical staff in the teaching responsibilities of the graduate medical education programs.