Under the direction of the Departmental Leadership, participates in the clinical and or programmatic activities which support the Medical Center's mission of quality patient care, research, education and training, and quality services.
* To the extent that these Programmatic services involve your professional physician clinical services, you shall at all times be acting and serving as an independent contractor with respect to the Medical Center. The Medical Center shall neither have nor exercise any control or direction over the methods by which you perform your professional physician clinical services.
* When on clinical service, the Intensivist will be immediately available for consultation either in person or by telecommunication device. In addition, his/her physical presence will always be promptly available to the unit with no competing or conflicting obligations that would prevent prompt on site availability.
* The Intensivist will be responsible for maintaining a broad overview of each PICU patient's clinical status and for assisting the Primary Attending Physician in coordinating and unifying the care plans devised by all participating caregivers.
* The Intensivist will be formally consulted by the Primary Attending Physician on all patients admitted to the PICU. The Intensivist also will be available to assume the role of Primary Attending Physician at the request of the patient's usual Primary Attending Physician.
* The Intensivist will render whatever urgent care is appropriate for any patient residing in or destined for the PICU when the Primary Attending Physician is not immediately available. For patients' whose needs are not of an urgent nature, the Intensivist is expected to respect the wishes and care plan of the Primary Attending Physician at all times.
* The Intensivist will conduct administrative, teaching and research activities as agreed upon with Chairman.
* Other duties as assigned by Chairman/Leadership.
* When the Medical Director of the PICU is not available, the Intensivist is expected to manage all administrative issues within the best of his or her capabilities.
* The Intensivist is expected to conduct cost-effective patient care and conscientiously and ethically submit charges for professional services rendered.
* In situations or conditions which may jeopardize patient care in the PICU, the Intensivist is expected to either resolve such situation/conditions or bring them to the attention of individuals empowered to do so. When these avenues appear to be unavailable or unproductive, the Intensivist will notify those who are in his/her immediate line of responsibility, the first being the Medical Director of the PICU.
* The Intensivist will make formal daily rounds with the PICU team on all PICU patients. Intensivist will provide critical care education to physicians, nurses, and other ancillary medical personnel, either as part of these daily rounds, or separately.
4. Ensure compliance with state and federal laws, accreditation, professional and regulatory agency standards including quality assurance and licensure requirements within the divisions. Assist in establishing and maintaining a quality assurance program acceptable to CSMC as required by JCAHO, state and other agencies, which shall include a systematic review of the quality, safety, and appropriateness of services rendered.
5. Pursuant to the Minimum Necessary Information Access Policy (#ADM00127), the minimum access to individually identifiable patient information permitted for this individual is secured and maintained in the home department's employee file.
#Jobs-Glassdoor #Jobs-LinkedIn #Jobs-Indeed
* Medical degree from an accredited medical school or ECFMG certificate
* Board Certified in Pediatrics
* Board Certified or Active Candidate Status in Pediatric Intensive Care (within three (3) years of completion of fellowship)
* Unrestricted California medical license as Physician & Surgeon
* Maintain Medical Staff membership
* A demonstrated willingness to work flexible days/hour and holidays as required
* A track record of excellence in teaching, patient care, and administration
* Computer competency comprised of a working knowledge of windows and/or a comparable operating system that sufficiently provides for access to patient and other business information.
Providing healthcare for more than 100 years, Cedars-Sinai has evolved into one of the most dynamic and highly renowned medical centers in the world. Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. This attracts exceptional talent to Cedars-Sinai, including world-renowned physician-scientists who seek a place where they can both conduct research and see patients--the ideal formula for discovery and its translation into cures. Our patients benefit from access to doctors at the top of their fields, and our researchers have an ideal community in which to study the impact of healthcare challenges, and reflect that knowledge in their research. The greater Los Angeles area in which Cedars-Sinai resides possesses unparalleled cultural and ethnic diversity which offers outstanding opportunities for translational and clinical research and a dynamic environment for medical education.Although community based, Cedars-Sinai is a major t...eaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Cedars-Sinai has highly competitive graduate medical education programs in more than 50 specialty and subspecialty areas, a graduate program in biomedical sciences and translational medicine, a clinical scholars program directed towards junior physicians with aspirations to become clinical scientists, and post graduate training opportunities.There are more than 250 full-time faculty members at Cedars-Sinai. The voluntary medical staff, comprised of more than 2,200 specialty board-certified or board-qualified physicians, represent all of the specialties and subspecialties and collaborate with full-time medical staff in the teaching responsibilities of the graduate medical education programs.