At Stony Brook Medicine, a THOccupational Therapist is a valuable member of our team, who provides clinical services to our patient population.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate superior patient care and possess outstanding communication skills while adhering to our high standard of excellence.
Duties of a TH Occupational Therapist in the Center may include the following but are not limited to:
Brief Description of Duties:
* Plans and provides occupational therapy treatment programs for each inpatient and outpatient including the evaluation, treatment or prevention of a disability, injury, disease or other condition of health. Treatment may include but it is not limited to all aspects of ADL, perceptual/cognitive activities, sensori-motor activities, therapeutic craft modalities, splint fabrication and therapeutic activities. Evaluation may include joint range of motion, muscle strength, NDT evaluation, Prevocational evaluation and sensorium. Consultation may concern the adaptation of physical environment for the handicapped, and guidance in the selection and use of adaptive equipment.
* Fabricates and modified patient splints including the design, assessment and monitoring of splints and other orthotic devices.
* Performs activities of daily living involving directing and aiding patients in tasks including transfer training, bed mobility, hygiene, grooming, dressing, and self-feeding.
* Directs and trains patients in the care and use of UE prosthetics, orthotic devices, and assistive and adaptive equipment to restore, reinforce and enhance performance.
* Consults with other members of the health care team including the physician concerning goals and treatment plans.
* All other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor or Master's degree in Occupational Therapy from accredited program. NYS License or eligible.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience as licensed Occupational Therapist in acute care setting.
Special Notes: Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Posting Overview: This position will remain posted until filled or for a maximum of 90 days. An initial review of all applicants will occur two weeks from the posting date. Candidates are advised on the application that for full consideration, applications must be received before the initial review date (which is within two weeks of the posting date).
If within the initial review no candidate was selected to fill the position posted, additional applications will be considered for the posted position; however, the posting will close once a finalist is identified, and at minimal, two weeks after the initial posting date. Please note, that if no candidate were identified and hired within 90 days from initial posting, the posting would close for review, and possibly reposted at a later date.
Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
All Hospital positions maybe subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary.
This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
This function/position maybe designated as "essential." This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements:
Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services*
Complete electronic reference check with a minimum of three (3) professional references.
Successfully complete a 5 panel drug screen*
Successfully complete a Background Check investigation.
Provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s).
Failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
* The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the University Office of Equity and Access at (631)632-6280.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here .
Department/Hiring Area: Inpatient Occupational Therapy-Stony Brook University Hospital
Schedule: Per Diem Shift: Day Shift Shift Hours: 0800-1600 Pass Days: Variable
Posting Start Date: Oct 21, 2020
Posting End Date: Jan 20, 2021, 4:59:00 AM
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Salary Grade: SL3
Internal Number: 2002776
About Stony Brook University
FROM ITS BEGINNINGS A HALF-CENTURY AGO, STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY HAS BEEN CHARACTERIZED by innovation, energy and progress, transforming the lives of people who earn degrees, work and make groundbreaking discoveries here. A dramatic trajectory of growth has turned what was once a small teacher preparation college into an internationally recognized research institution that is changing the world.