This position supports the Office of Student Financial Services by processing routine financial aid transactions and 3rd party/direct bill invoicing. The position works with the ERP and Department of Education Software, loading files and resolving rejected files. In addition, s/he will be responsible for sending required communications by email and mail.
• Manages the importing and exporting process of daily files using EdConnect, reviews exceptions and resolves suspended records;
• Runs daily processes updating the Banner database for tracking requirements and ISIR flags, keeps the system updated;
• Processes daily award notifications, tracking requirement notifications, weekly loan notices, and exit counseling information;
• Creates and updates documentation on business process and procedures;
• Maintains population selections from the database for use in financial aid processes;
• Assists with monthly reconciliations;
• Responsible for managing all direct bill and 3rd party relationships, including follow-up and communications as it relates to processing approved billing invoicing in order to receive timely payments.
• Strong knowledge of Financial Aid regulations;
• Critical thinking & problem solving skills;
• Ability to interpret policies and follow procedures to ensure compliance;
• Attention to detail;
• Ability to meet deadlines while working on multiple projects simultaneously;
• Knowledge of technology sufficient to understand and coordinate processes;
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, CIS or related field;
• Banner database experience a plus;
• Experience with COD, NSLDS, EdConnect preferred;
• 1-3 years Financial Aid experience preferred.
About New England College
New England College is a private, non-profit college, located in the quintessential New England town of Henniker, New Hampshire dedicated to providing exceptional education for undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students from all over the world.