Job Summary/Basic Function: General Description: Assist in the financial administration of all externally funded federal, state, local and private contracts / grants. Provide post-award administrative support in the Post Award Accounting Department. Perform professional accounting work and prepare special financial reports.
Reports to Director of Finance & Post Award Administration
Examples of Work Performed: * Reconcile accounts, prepare journal entries, and prepare financial reports
* Determine allocability and allow-ability of charges, assure compliance with financial requirements of funding sources for grant billing.
* Check available budget, pending budget adjustments and contract terms in order to assist with approving purchase requests, requisitions, travel requests, payroll, and HR documents.
* See that restricted funds are being spent in compliance with sponsor guidelines, university guidelines and state / federal laws.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: General Qualification Requirements: Bachelors degree in accounting is required and three years of progressively responsible accounting support, experience or, an equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
* Fund and budgetary accounting experience required. * Substantial knowledge of Microsoft Excel required. * Ability to accurately prepare financial reports. * Strong written and verbal communication skills. * Skills in analyzing financial data * Good judgment and capacity to balance competing goals and to multi-task. * Ability to provide quality service to all levels of personnel and to work collaboratively with others.
Preferred Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications: * Higher education experience preferred * Pre- and post-award grants administration or related experience preferred. * Experience with state of Texas Uniform Statewide Accounting System USAS preferred. * Knowledge of federal regulations related to sponsored programs preferred. * Knowledge of Banner preferred.
Security Sensitive Statement: This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Lamar University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Lamar University not to discriminate on the basis of non-relevant criteria including, but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities, admissions or employment practices.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Home to more than 14,000 students, Lamar University is one of the fastest growing universities in Texas and is a member of The Texas State University System. LU offers more than 100 programs of study leading to bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees. The 270-acre campus in Beaumont is about 90 miles east of Houston and about 25 miles west of Louisiana