The successful candidate will conduct research in the area of Healthcare Systems Packaging Design with an emphasis on circular economy concerns. Potential areas of specialization include:
• Evaluation of the impact of varied labeling strategies on the decision making of healthcare providers.
• Determination and quantification of the interactions between healthcare consumers, healthcare professionals, packaging materials, packages and end of life packaging decisions.
• Evaluation of the impact of varied packaging and product system designs on the decision-making behaviors of healthcare providers.
• Evaluation of packaging systems utilized in healthcare to understand and interpret the cradle-to-grave environmental footprint and economic ramifications of different choices.
• Design of packaging systems with minimal cradle-to-grave environmental footprint and optimized end of life solutions which considers specific nuances and affiliated with varied healthcare environments.
• Design of sustainable packaging systems to solve wicked problems focused on healthcare packaging.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Doctorate -Packaging, Engineering, Environmental Science, Material Science
Candidates must have the following qualifications:
a) a doctoral degree in Packaging, Engineering, Environmental Science, Materials Science or a related field
b) a record that indicates the potential for success in a research-intensive environment.
The strongest candidates will have:
a) interest and/or experience in healthcare and/or medical packaging systems
b) a strong publication record
c) demonstrated evidence of excellence in teaching
d) evidence that provides promise of success when seeking external funding
Required Application Materials
Required application materials:
Contact information for 3 references
Research and Teaching philosophy statement
This position is available January 1, 2021, for one year, with possibility of renewal. The review of applications will begin immediately when application materials are received and will continue until the position is filled.
Review of Applications Begins On
Packaging is interdisciplinary field integrating science, engineering, technology, and management to protect and identify products for distribution, storage, sale and use.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Spartans work every day to advance the common good in uncommon ways.Together, we tackle some of the world?s toughest problems to find solutions that make life better?from alternative energy to better food safety to breakthrough medical and environmental applications achieved through rare isotope research.We teach. We explore and we discover. We collaborate and lead. We innovate, inspire, and empower. We achieve our potential and create circumstances that help our students and others achieve theirs.We're good at it, and we've been at it for more than 150 years.The nation?s pioneer land-grant university, MSU began as a bold experiment that democratized higher education and helped bring science and innovation into everyday life. The revolutionary concept became a model for the nation.Today, MSU is one of the top research universities in the world?on one of the biggest, greenest campuses in the nation. Home to nationally ranked and recognized academic, residential college, and service-learning programs, we?re a diverse community of dedicated students and scholars, athletes and artists, scientists and leaders.In ways both practical and profound, we work to create a stronger, more sustainable, and more hopeful future for all.