The University of Texas Permian Basin welcomes applicants for a tenure-track faculty position in Nursing. The successful candidate will teach courses in accordance with the schedule of classes and follow the approved course descriptions and syllabi established and administered by the Dean with the approval of the Provost. Non-teaching assignments include instructional development, academic advising and mentoring students, work as effective team member, participating in university-wide activities and task forces, and other appropriate responsibilities.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Instructional:
• Teach a variety of classes in accordance with the course syllabus and University policy while actively seeking ways to improve instruction
• Continue to update and revise course content and teaching methodology in order to maintain currency and relevance. • Collaborate and/or provide assistance to associate faculty in regard to course content and instructional materials • Provide instruction consistent with evidence-based practice and research activities for generating new knowledge
• Post and observe office hours for purposes of academic advising and student consultation. Hold office hours at times that are most convenient for students. Meet with students as needed by appointment
• Advise and assist students during the ongoing registration process. Maintain general knowledge of degree requirements, programs and course transfer information
• Actively participate and attend department, division and university-wide committees and meetings • Collaborate with faculty in developing a doctorate of nursing program
• Actively participate in assisting the University in maintaining standards required for accreditation • Participate in full regalia in official graduation ceremonies and other official functions as requested by the Dean • Perform other duties as determined in consultation with the Dean and/or Provost
Please include all required documents with your submission.
Unofficial transcripts of all college work are acceptable for purposes of the application. Official transcripts are required upon hire.
The University offers an excellent compensation package which includes a broad range of employee benefits including free health insurance (employee only) as well as a generous retirement program. We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
The University of Texas of the Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
UTPB participates in e-Verify.
• Terminal degree with a minimum of a Master’s in Nursing (MSN) • Experience in Baccalaureate nursing education and curriculum development • Unencumbered license to practice nursing in TX or another compact state (or eligible for licensure) • The ability to successfully pass a criminal background check
• Graduate education experience • Proven expertise in community, population, and public health • Experience in external funding and practice partnership
Internal Number: F105P
About The University of Texas Permian Basin
The only university named after a geological formation, The University of Texas Permian Basin is a University of Texas System institution, which includes nine academic universities and six health institutions statewide. Surrounded by one of the largest oilfields in the country, UTPB is home to over 5,500 students and approximately 250 teaching faculty. Located in Odessa, Texas, the University has an impact of nearly $250 million on the regional economy and is recognized for its affordability, awarding roughly $15 million in financial aid annually. With 35 undergraduate and 18 graduate programs of study to choose from – as well as the flexibility of fully on-line undergraduate and graduate degree programs – the University consistently ranks among the top 5 Texas public universities for students employed or accepted in graduate/professional school within one year of graduation. At UTPB, you get it all: the small-campus feel with the might of The University of Texas System.
As a regional, comprehensive institution, The University of Texas Permian Basin serves a diverse community of students from the region, the state, and beyond. Through excellence in student-centered teaching, lear...ning, research, and public service, the University cultivates engaged citizens and impacts lives while advancing technology and the public interests of West Texas. The University aspires to be a vibrant student-focused center of excellence for learning, culture, and economic development, preparing students for leadership and success in a complex and changing world. We invite you to learn more about us at: www.utpb.edu.
The University of Texas Permian Basin values the great variety of intellectual and cultural perspectives that contribute to our success. We strongly believe that our future depends heavily on our ability to embrace diversity and leverage the strength of inclusion. The University prohibits unlawful discrimination against a person because of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation and gender identity. The University's commitment to equal opportunity extends its nondiscrimination protections to gender expression. The Office of Human Resources prohibits discrimination on the basis of a disability. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 432-552-2747. Note: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires The University of Texas Permian Basin to employ only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. New employees must present documents verifying identity and right to accept employment.
UTPB participates in E-Verify.