Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation's Consumer Choice Award 19 years in a row for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We also were awarded the Advisory Board Company's Workplace of the Year. This annual award recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. We hire team members who are committed to improving patients' lives. We provide an outstanding benefit package, along with competitive compensation. Join us! Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America's Best Hospitals.
Functions as a business partner operating in or associated with the medical center and the medical network and affiliates to understand physician IT needs and requirements. Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) on EHR-based clinical content (e.g. clinical decision support, order protocols and documentation templates, etc.), and EHR system optimization and implementation. Assists the Chief Medical Information Officer (CMIO) and EIS physician team by acting as a SME for our current electronic health record (EHR) system - CS-Link/EPIC. Expertise will be demonstrated by providing physician education on various aspects of clinical informatics, and by assisting C-S physicians across many specialties in the utilization of CS-Link in the context of various physician workflows. Preferred experience in oncology/pathology.
1. Actively participates in IT steering, advisory, governance, and implementation committee meetings
2. Demonstrates clear proficiency in the EHR system enabling the CMIO and EIS physician team to lead successful utilization and adoption of CS-Link by C-S physicians across the breadth of various specialties and subspecialties
3. Translate existing, complex workflows, from a variety of patient care settings across the inpatient and outpatient arenas, into logic that enhances configuration of clinical information systems thereby facilitating enhanced patient care and safety.
4. Participate in the planning for training as well as tutoring of physicians and staff in the use of CS-Link
5. Be a visible champion and facilitator in the Medical Center and affiliates in the Medical Network for the establishment of longitudinal inpatient and outpatient Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems.
6. Help set priorities and deliver clinical information solutions that are practical and effective, obtaining buy-in from Medical Staff leadership as well as the Medical Staff at-large.
7. Collaborate with Cedars-Sinai Health Systems clinical staff including physicians, nurses, therapists, technicians and ancillary personnel to effectively and safely re-design clinical care information processes leveraging opportunities for improvement using clinical information systems while understanding concurrent limitations.
8. Maintain familiarity with new clinical systems technology thereby advising EIS and Clinical staff as to which systems may be appropriate and capable of supporting strategic initiatives within the Cedars-Sinai Health System.
9. Perform clinical physician duties with reporting structure to be determined.
Providing healthcare for more than 100 years, Cedars-Sinai has evolved into one of the most dynamic and highly renowned medical centers in the world. Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. This attracts exceptional talent to Cedars-Sinai, including world-renowned physician-scientists who seek a place where they can both conduct research and see patients--the ideal formula for discovery and its translation into cures. Our patients benefit from access to doctors at the top of their fields, and our researchers have an ideal community in which to study the impact of healthcare challenges, and reflect that knowledge in their research. The greater Los Angeles area in which Cedars-Sinai resides possesses unparalleled cultural and ethnic diversity which offers outstanding opportunities for translational and clinical research and a dynamic environment for medical education.Although community based, Cedars-Sinai is a major t...eaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Cedars-Sinai has highly competitive graduate medical education programs in more than 50 specialty and subspecialty areas, a graduate program in biomedical sciences and translational medicine, a clinical scholars program directed towards junior physicians with aspirations to become clinical scientists, and post graduate training opportunities.There are more than 250 full-time faculty members at Cedars-Sinai. The voluntary medical staff, comprised of more than 2,200 specialty board-certified or board-qualified physicians, represent all of the specialties and subspecialties and collaborate with full-time medical staff in the teaching responsibilities of the graduate medical education programs.