Executive & Confidential Assistant to the Chief Legal Officer
Office of University Counsel - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (20004389)
The Executive & Confidential Assistant will support the Senior Vice Chancellor and Chief Legal Officer (CLO) of the University of Pittsburgh. The successful candidate must be highly organized, extremely detail oriented, self-motivated, able to handle confidential information, as well as have a demonstrated ability to respond effectively to changing workloads and priorities. Must have the ability to manage multiple assignments and work with people across the University simultaneously. In addition, successful candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication and possess the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of constituent groups such as senior leaders, peers, Board of Trustee Members and outside counsel.
* Performing confidential reviews of materials, basic research (including legal research) and preliminary analysis of matters of importance to the CLO.
* Drafting memoranda, recommendations and correspondence that reflect the views and opinions of the CLO.
* Attending meetings (internal and external) with the CLO as an observer and assisting the CLO in addressing action items as appropriate.
* Managing and coordinating the CLO's complex calendar with agility, discretion and diplomacy.
* Anticipating the needs of the CLO and preparing the CLO for meetings, conferences and engagements, including gathering and summarizing advance materials, preparing documentation and presentations, and ensuring all IT resources are operational and functional.
* Serving as a liaison between the CLO and the Offices of the Chancellor, Senior Leadership Team members and the Board of Trustees.
* Additional administrative duties, including travel arrangements, expense reports, managing correspondence (written, e-mail and telephonic), document preparation and management, etc.
Bachelor's Degree plus a minimum of two years with increasingly responsible administrative experience; or progress toward a Juris Doctorate or a Masters in Public Policy or Higher Education. The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EOE, including disability/vets
Minimum Experience Level Required: 2-3 years experience
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Hiring Range: TBD Based on Qualifications
Relocation Offered: No
Visa Sponsorship Provided: No
Background Check: For position finalists, employment with the University will require successful completion of a background check
Child Protection Clearances: Not Applicable
Required Documents: Resume
Internal Number: 20004389
About University of Pittsburgh
Founded in 1787, the same year the U.S. Constitution was signed, the University of Pittsburgh is one of the oldest institutions of higher education in the United States. One of three state-related research universities in Pennsylvania, Pitt is a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU), which comprises 62 preeminent doctorate-granting research institutions in North America.Pitt faculty members have expanded knowledge in the humanities and sciences, earning such prestigious honors as the National Medal of Science, the MacArthur Foundation’s “genius” grant, the Lasker-DeBakey Clinical Medical Research Award, and election to the National Academy of Sciences and the Institute of Medicine. Pitt scientists have defeated polio, unlocked the secrets of DNA, lead the world in organ transplantation, and pioneered TV and heavier-than-air flight, among numerous other accomplishments.Pitt students have earned Rhodes, Goldwater, Marshall, and Truman Scholarships, among other highly competitive national and international scholarships.Alumni have pioneered MRI and TV, won Nobel and Pulitzer Prizes, led corporations and universities, served in government and the military, conquered Hollywood and The New York Times bestsellers list, and won Super Bowls and NBA championships.