Senior Associate Director, MBA Admissions USC Marshall School of Business MBA Admissions
Responsibilities and Duties
- Contribute to development of recruiting strategies and marketing plans (including pipeline-building, outreach, events, and marketing). Research market trends and opportunities, and analyze data directly related to managing the incoming class profile.
- Maintain knowledge of degree programs of competitive institutions of higher education. Stay abreast of new schools and new programs and their competitive advantages or disadvantages.
- Coordinate efforts with other externally-facing functions throughout Marshall to leverage contacts in order to identify high-quality prospective students and recruiting opportunities.
- Represent the Marshall School of Business at recruiting events worldwide.
- Review applicant files, interview candidates, and recommend admission decisions.
- Utilize the online application system and other databases.
- Coordinate and participate in initiatives designed to ensure competitive levels of diversity in the incoming class (women, underrepresented minority, LGBTQâ¦).
- Coordinate yield events, including managing the participation of staff from other Marshall departments, and the inclusion of external partners such as alumni.
- Develop and deliver presentations for live and virtual information sessions. Research technology platforms for delivery of virtual presentations and communique. Assist in solution implementation that align with deliverables.
- Manage relationships with 3rd party recruiting partners, including diversity groups and school groups in which we have membership.
- Develop and maintain relationships with prospective students, alumni, students and staff to optimize communications and create opportunities for Admissions.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience in a higher education environment, preferably in the area of admissions/recruiting.Â
Excellent written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
Demonstrated ability to engage, develop relationships with, and influence senior-level executives, alumni and prospective MBA students.
Excellent judgment and the ability to excel in a fast-paced, service-oriented operation.
Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Excel are required.
Ability to travel (domestically and internationally) for recruiting events such as information sessions or fairs. Trips may span multiple weeks.
Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 2 years, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
Minimum Field of Expertise: Recruitment and admissions experience with knowledge of transfer credit policies and financial aid programs
Required Documents and Additional Information
Resume and cover letter required (may be uploaded as one file). Please do not submit your application without these documents.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of five calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended, so please apply on the same business day if interested.
USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff and their family with access to the renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans with employer contributions after six months of employment; tuition benefits for staff and their family; free Professional Development classes; central Los Angeles location with easy access to commuter trains, buses and free tram pick up services; discounts to sporting and other campus events.
The University of Southern California is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity.
Why join the USC Marshall School of Business?
The USC Marshall School of Business is ideally positioned to address the challenges of a rapidly changing business environment and is ranked as one of the countryâs top schools for accounting, finance, marketing, consulting, entrepreneurship and international business studies.
USC Marshall builds on the unique opportunities that stem from its Los Angeles location on the Pacific Rim, its interdisciplinary and impactful research, the momentum generated by the University of Southern California, and the unparalleled engagement of the Trojan Alumni Family. With ready access to industries defining the new business frontier, including bio-technology, life sciences, media, entertainment, communications and healthcare, this vast network offers USC Marshall graduates exceptionally strong support for success in the global marketplace.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum educationMinimum Experience: 2 years, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experienceMinimum Field of Expertise: Recruitment and admissions experience with knowledge of transfer credit policies and financial aid programs
Internal Number: REQ20093147
USC is the leading private research university in Los Angeles—a global center for arts, technology and international business. With more than 47,500 students, we are located primarily in Los Angeles but also in various US and global satellite locations. As the largest private employer in Los Angeles, responsible for $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic and professional schools and administrative units. As a USC employee and member of the Trojan Family—the faculty, staff, students, and alumni who make USC a great place to work—you will enjoy excellent benefits, including a variety of well-being programs designed to help individuals achieve work-life balance.