Research - Laboratory/Non-Laboratory, Staff/Administrative
Location: Hyde Park Campus
1) Perform hands-on basic/translational research with the goal of developing clinical trial protocols primarily focused on cellular therapies.
2) Work in a team environment in scale-up, and validation of cellular therapy products for preparing Investigational New Drug applications to the Food and Drug Administration.
3) Design and execute research experiments for multiple projects.
4) Manage the research laboratory including ordering reagents, organizing spaces, and assist in renewal and submission of biosafety protocols and overseeing compliance.
5) Work with clinical staff at the Advanced Cellular Therapeutics Facility for developing quality metrics and willing to learn operation of clinical instrumentation and aspects related to cellular therapy.
6) Prepare reports and maintain meticulous records of all work. Â
1) Ability to perform hands-on bench research.
2) Proficient in primary cell culture and bioassays.
3) Proficient in sterile techniques.
4) A high level of competency in computer use including common programs such as MSword, excel, power point and statistical analysis.
5) Management of a research laboratory.
6) Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and technical manuals.
1) Advanced degree in life sciences or medical technology
1)Experience in the preparation of cellular therapy products for patient treatment
2) Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR09060
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.