Research - Laboratory/Non-Laboratory, Staff/Administrative
Department: MED-Cancer Center Salary/Grade: EXS/5
Manages daily operations of a biomedical &/or social-behavioral research study involving multidisciplinary teams of colleagues, sponsors & other external project stakeholders. Monitors study performance, analyzes & review results, & supervises development & implementation of new protocols. Assigns work & supervises study staff & reviews technical operations ensuring that all processes, protocols & procedures are quality controlled & functioning up to standards. May co-author scientific papers for presentation & publication & coordinates writing, submission & administration of grants. Ensures that all study activities are completed by strictly following Good Clinical Practices (GCP) & all current local, state, & federal laws, regulations, guidance, policy & procedure developed by the NU Institutional Review Board (IRB), Food & Drug Administration (FDA) Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), & the International Conference on Harmonization (ICH).
1. Leads execution & control of a biomedical &/or social science project or research study.
2. Manages and ensures completion of study activities per protocol. Collaborating with nursing staff and Principal Investigator (PI) ascertains pretreatment & eligibility requirements; interviews participants & obtains social & medical histories; based on results determines & registers participants with appropriate sponsors; completes informed consent; determines & organizes patient's treatment and test schedules.
3. Manages conduct of experimental tests & procedures. Closely monitors & documents patient's adverse events; partners with nursing staff in modifying dosages, tests & treatment schedule.
4. Manages project data including processing, accuracy, analysis & evaluation of data ensuring that results meet project information and deliverable objectives. Partners with internal/external project and IT staff to create, review, analyze, interpret, summarize and prepare progress & final reports.
5. Provides consultation to internal/external project staff on appropriate data management, methodological issues and analysis of data
• Manages system for perpetration of effective data flow for oncology research clinical trials and chemoprevention studies.
6. Manages project, collaborating and partnering with all internal/external staff including sponsoring agencies, organizations &/or other research &/or educational institutions to ensure project objectives and timelines are attained. Advises project staff on enhancements and changes to processes, practices, and procedures to ensure compliance with protocols and to increase effectiveness and efficiency of project.
7. Manages day-to-day project operational & business functions; implements existing policy & ensures the effective, compliant, & efficient completion of daily administrative operations.
8. Ensures appropriate and timely compliance with associated local, state, & federal regulatory guidelines, requirements, & laws; & research protocols.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. A bachelor's degree in a social or health science + 2 years’ experience; or 4 years practical research study or related experience; or a master's degree in a social or health science + 1 year experience is required.
2. Must complete NU's IRB CITI training before interacting with any participants & must re-certify every 3 years
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
Internal Number: 39295
About Northwestern University
Northwestern University is a major private research university with 12 academic divisions located on three campuses in Evanston, Chicago, and Education City in Doha, Qatar. We have approximately 2,500 full-time faculty members, 17,000 graduate and undergraduate students, and over 5,700 full and part-time staff. Northwestern University combines innovative teaching and pioneering research in a highly collaborative environment. It provides students and faculty exceptional opportunities for intellectual, personal and professional growth.