Job Summary/Basic Function: Job Summary: Assists the Associate Athletics Director with coordinating programs to ensure compliance with all University, Southland Conference and NCAA rules and regulations governing the intercollegiate athletics operation, with a primary focus on academics for student-athletes.
1. Advises and assists student-athletes in selecting major course of study, selecting courses, changing majors, adding and dropping class, and developing effective study habits.
2. Monitors students' degree plans; evaluates transcripts and maintains academic records; monitors class attendance and student progress
3. Monitors academic eligibility compliance with NCAA, Southland Conference, and Lamar University policies.
4. Maintains records on student-athletes.
5. Assists the Associate Athletics Director with updating academic information in NCAA Compliance Assistant Software.
6. Assists the Associate Athletics Director with the review of transcripts and eligibility requirements for prospective student-athletes.
7. Compiles necessary documentation for academic eligibility each semester.
8. Recognizes and promotes the best interest of the student-athletes both academically and athletically.
9. Assists the Associate Athletics Director and Coaches in the process of recruiting prospective student-athletes.
Minimum Qualifications: Qualifications: * Bachelors degree required * Working knowledge of Banner, NCAA * Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite required
Strict adherence to established NCAA, Southland Conference, Texas State University System and Lamar University rules and regulations. A violation of these rules and regulations can lead to disciplinary action including termination.
Reports Directly to the: Associate Athletics Director
Preferred Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications: * Masters degree preferred * 1-2 years athletic academic advising experience preferred * Working knowledge of NCAA rules preferred * Compliance Assistant and Navigate preferred
Security Sensitive Statement: This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Lamar University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Lamar University not to discriminate on the basis of non-relevant criteria including, but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities, admissions or employment practices.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Home to more than 14,000 students, Lamar University is one of the fastest growing universities in Texas and is a member of The Texas State University System. LU offers more than 100 programs of study leading to bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees. The 270-acre campus in Beaumont is about 90 miles east of Houston and about 25 miles west of Louisiana