Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars-Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation's Consumer Choice Award 19 years in a row for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We were also awarded the Advisory Board Company's Workplace of the Year. This recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. Join us! Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America's Best Hospitals.
Tell me about the role:
This position is responsible for analyzing, interpreting, and explaining data in order to guide and support clinical transformation.
* Works with data in cross-functional teams to identify opportunities to enhance Clinical Efficiency, Appropriateness of Care, and successful implementation of Value-based Payer Agreements.
* Plays a "consultative" role by effectively "translating" the clinical or business question in order to recommend specific analytic approaches and data sets
* Deploys a variety of analytic methodologies to support assessment of diseases and their impact on patients, patterns of clinical care, and effectiveness of health systems
* Develops dashboards and other feedback tools for consensus-building and to change practice behavior
* Identifies ways to increase efficiency in clinical practice and/or meet payer needs and works with the appropriate teams to develop the programs and measure the impact of these changes.
* Effectively coordinates the use of data and communicates the findings as projects transition from strategy/best practice definition through implementation and outcomes measurement.
* Share analytic approaches with team members in order to enhance organizational learning and further expand our analytic toolbox.
* Share in the team goals to ensure effective strategies and best practices to drive transformation across the entire care continuum including prevention, evaluation, treatment, and transitions of care.
* Supports and participates in interdepartmental collaboration and problem-solving. Works closely with other members of the Clinical Transformation team as well as cross-functional staff from the Medical Delivery Network and across the Health System.
* Advance understanding of the implications of the data on the current and future clinical and business environment.
Providing healthcare for more than 100 years, Cedars-Sinai has evolved into one of the most dynamic and highly renowned medical centers in the world. Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. This attracts exceptional talent to Cedars-Sinai, including world-renowned physician-scientists who seek a place where they can both conduct research and see patients--the ideal formula for discovery and its translation into cures. Our patients benefit from access to doctors at the top of their fields, and our researchers have an ideal community in which to study the impact of healthcare challenges, and reflect that knowledge in their research. The greater Los Angeles area in which Cedars-Sinai resides possesses unparalleled cultural and ethnic diversity which offers outstanding opportunities for translational and clinical research and a dynamic environment for medical education.Although community based, Cedars-Sinai is a major t...eaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Cedars-Sinai has highly competitive graduate medical education programs in more than 50 specialty and subspecialty areas, a graduate program in biomedical sciences and translational medicine, a clinical scholars program directed towards junior physicians with aspirations to become clinical scientists, and post graduate training opportunities.There are more than 250 full-time faculty members at Cedars-Sinai. The voluntary medical staff, comprised of more than 2,200 specialty board-certified or board-qualified physicians, represent all of the specialties and subspecialties and collaborate with full-time medical staff in the teaching responsibilities of the graduate medical education programs.