We are currently seeking dynamic individuals to work in UMD Dining. UMD Dining is a progressive program offering a vast array of food to our campus community. Collegiate dining has come a long way from standard cafeteria lines. In our newly renovated residential dining center we prepare scratch food to order and customize dishes to fit the ever-changing palate of our dining students. Our food court is filled with freshly made offerings prepared on-site with seasonal as well as local products.
If you are looking for exceptional insurance, tuition benefits along with a retirement plan and most importantly a work/life balance, look no further.
***THIS IS A TEAMSTER BARGAINING UNIT POSITION***
Senior Cashier/Food Aide Job Code 6001
Applications from current U of M Teamster employees must be submitted no later than Setember 15, 2020, in order to be eligible for priority consideration.
40 hours per week, benefit eligible, scheduled as needed determined by business needs.
The starting salary is $15.69 hourly.
There may be work reduction or a change of hours during semester breaks.
There may be several positions open in Dining Services at this time, please apply separately to each that are of interest to you.
DUTIES: - Preps food, makes pizza, burgers, sandwiches, salads - Works as a barista, making coffee and specialty coffee drinks - Operates POS system and complies with all cash handling policies - Maintains service areas and stocks products when assigned - Maintains product presentation throughout the day - Completes food production records - Assembles and serves products as assigned - Maintains cleanliness of service and dining area including emptying trash, recycling and composting - Operates blenders, coffee brewers, dish washing machines, pulpers, Turbo Chef oven and other small service equipment - Works with dish room commercial conveyor dish machines including pulper - Puts away food and supplies - Completes daily, weekly and monthly cleaning as assigned - Contributes to the Dining Services Team by assisting and working with individuals from multiple ethnic and cultural backgrounds (i.e. race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, or sexual orientation) - Works in all areas of retail operations which includes Dining Center dish room, Plaza Food Court, Center Court, Coffee shop and cart, and Superior Dining - Performs other duties as assigned
Functions as a lead worker:
- Is given oversight responsibility of a group of staff employees in the absence of a manager
- Handles customer service issues in the absence of a manager
- Orients employees to job area and to the facility
- Trains employees on job tasks
- Assigns and re-assigns tasks throughout the shift to effectively accomplish prescribed work
- Gives direction to employees concerning procedures
- Communicates established standards of performance to employees and assesses conformance
- Provides informal feedback of employee's performance to the manager
- Models expected behaviors and standards
- Keeps manager apprised of operational issues
These examples do not include all possible responsibilities in this work and do not limit the assignment of related responsibilities in any position of this class or assignment of responsibilities performed by a lower classification.
The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position and staff is required to assist in all other areas of Dining Retail Operations based on business needs. UMD Retail Dining areas include: Superior Dining, Kirby Plaza Food Court, Northern Shores Coffee Shop and other areas as we expand our operations.
Special Notice for COVID-19
The UMN has suspended hiring for most positions. However, we will continue hiring for positions critical to the University's mission and operations at this time. Applications are being accepted for this position and you are encouraged to apply. Thank you for your continued interest in working at the University of Minnesota Duluth.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally
- High school graduate or GED
- Must have at least 1 year of experience working as a cashier using US or Canadian currency
- Ability to accurately perform simple mathematic calculations
- Reads, writes, understands and communicates in English
- Must be able to stand up for 4 hours at a time
Internal Number: 337514
About University of Minnesota, Duluth
The University of Minnesota Duluth integrates liberal education, research, creative activity, and public engagement and prepares students to thrive as lifelong learners and globally engaged citizens.