USC's KSOM and Department of Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine is seeking for Postdoctoral Fellows to join Dr. Unmesh Jadhavâs lab at the Eli and Edythe Broad CIRM Center.Â
If you are passionate about investigating fundamental gene control mechanisms, tissue development and regeneration, and application of cutting-edge computational approaches in biological research, we would like to hear from you. We are particularly interested in individuals from diverse areas of educational background and experience, such as basic sciences, engineering, and medicine.
One of the fascinating challenges in biology is to understand how cells integrate extracellular stimuli to influence the chromatin structure and gene expression in order to establish or change cellular identity. To study this, we employ innovative experimental and computational methods and use the mammalian intestine as a primary model system. You will have an opportunity to design, develop, and implement experimental protocols and lead collaborative projects.
â¢ Experience working with mouse or other animal models is desirable
â¢ Strong background in molecular biology techniques
â¢ Ability to work independently and as part of a team
â¢ Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to with your application.
Cover letter 2) Curriculum vitae, and 3) Contact information for 3-5 references
- Serves as a research trainee for the purpose of enhancing and developing research competencies. Participates in planning, designing and conducting highly technical and complex research projects under the direction of a supervisor. May or may not work independently.
- Identifies, researches, compiles and evaluates data sources, background information and/or technology related to area of specialization.
- Analyzes and evaluates research data utilizing computers and provides interpretations requiring significant knowledge of a specialized area of research. Searches literature, utilizing all available resources including electronic, regarding new methodology and designs experiments accordingly.
- Contributes to the development of research documentation for publication and/or prepares technical reports, papers and/or records.
- Operates and maintains sophisticated laboratory/scientific equipment.
The Postdoctoral Scholar Research Associate serves as a research trainee for the purpose of enhancing and developing research competencies. Participates in planning, designing and conducting highly technical and complex research projects under the direction of a supervisor. May or may not work independently. Analyzes research data and provides interpretations. Contributes to the development of research documentation for publication and/or prepares technical reports, papers and/or records. (Temporary, fixed-term; one year and renewable on the recommendation of the faculty mentor and at the discretion of the dean. May be renewed up to a maximum of five years.)
Internal Number: REQ20092446
USC is the leading private research university in Los Angeles—a global center for arts, technology and international business. With more than 47,500 students, we are located primarily in Los Angeles but also in various US and global satellite locations. As the largest private employer in Los Angeles, responsible for $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic and professional schools and administrative units. As a USC employee and member of the Trojan Family—the faculty, staff, students, and alumni who make USC a great place to work—you will enjoy excellent benefits, including a variety of well-being programs designed to help individuals achieve work-life balance.