A Postdoctoral Fellow position is available in Dr. Tauheed Ishratlab, Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Tennessee HealthScience Center. The postdoctoral fellow will lead a project that utilizes gene knockdown,molecular biology and neurobehavioral approaches to study neurovascular protectionmechanisms in experimental stroke. The postdoctoral fellow will work as part ofa team and contribute intellectual and technical expertise to the lab's broadercommunication and interpersonal skills.
Applicant versed in rodent (mouse/rat) models of stroke (MCAO)surgery, functional/behavior outcomes tests (motor, cognitive), stereotaxicinjection, genotyping, basic molecular techniques, neuronalculture/isolation and immunohistochemistry is highly favored.
Majorduties and responsibilities:
* Conducting experiments utilizing the following biology techniques: genotyping,Western blotting, PCR, cell culture, immunofluorescence.
* Performing experimental stroke research in animal and cell-based models.
* Prepare laboratory reagents, buffers, and culture media.
* Writing, submitting and publishing original research papers in peer-reviewedjournals.
* Attaining and presenting in national/international conferences.
* Effectively communicating in a timely fashion with the PI on a regularbasis/lab meetings.
* Assisting with the daily operations of the laboratory and other members of thelaboratory.
Internal Number: 204646
The mission of the University of Tennessee Health Science Center is to bring the benefits of the health sciences to the achievement and maintenance of human health, with a focus on the citizens of Tennessee and the region, by pursuing an integrated program of education, research, clinical care, and public service.