The Department of Preventive Medicine is in search of a CSP Data Collection Specialist II for the University of Southern California Cancer Surveillance Program. This is the cancer registry for Los Angeles County, one of the largest and most scientifically active cancer registries in the United States.
Employment involves performing specialized skills required of a Certified Tumor Registrar including:
(1) Coding, classification, consolidation and quality control of cancer registry case reports using ICD-0 and SEER staging guidelines.
(2) Accurately and completely entering data in registry data systems.
(3) Contributing to the development and improvement of cancer registry data collection and processing procedures.
(4) Maintaining expertise as a Certified Tumor Registrar, demonstrating technical and professional skills.
(5) Assuring protection of confidential data and (6) assisting with special data collection and quality control projects.
The ideal candidate will have strong organizational capabilities with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks, will be adept at problem-solving, and will have strong leadership and effective communication capabilities. Certified Tumor Registrar status is required; a bachelor's degree is preferred.
Minimum Education: Specialized/technical trainingMinimum Experience: 3 yearsMinimum Field of Expertise: Field abstractor
Internal Number: REQ20063224
USC is the leading private research university in Los Angeles—a global center for arts, technology and international business. With more than 47,500 students, we are located primarily in Los Angeles but also in various US and global satellite locations. As the largest private employer in Los Angeles, responsible for $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic and professional schools and administrative units. As a USC employee and member of the Trojan Family—the faculty, staff, students, and alumni who make USC a great place to work—you will enjoy excellent benefits, including a variety of well-being programs designed to help individuals achieve work-life balance.