Job no: 500550 Position type: Part-Time 12-Month Department: 313204 - Meridian Division of Education Location: Meridian Campus - Meridian, MS Categories: Professional Position Open Date: Sep 3 2020
This position provides programmatic management for MSU-Meridian Jumpstart teams in Meridian, MS. Recruits, trains, coaches and supports college student volunteers (serving as Americorps members) as they implement the Jumpstart early literacy intervention curriculum in preschool classrooms.
Employees hired into Intermittent positions are limited to working no more than 720 hours per fiscal year.
1. Recruits, interviews and selects college student Corps members to deliver the Jumpstart program in the designated classrooms with assistance from the MS Jumpstart Program Manager.
2. Facilitates Jumpstart Corps member training using the curriculum and training resources provided by Jumpstart, adapting and developing training content when necessary and supervises members to ensure compliance with Jumpstart, University and any Federal or other requirements.
3. Supports Corps members in the completion of expected volunteer hours requirements and approves online Corps member timesheets through America Learns.
4. Coordinates Jumpstart session materials by ensuring appropriate materials are ordered, packed and distributed to preschool partner sites.
5. Participates in regular one-on-one meetings with the MS Jumpstart Program Manager and leads regular Team Leader and/or all Corps meetings.
6. Fosters and maintains relationships with pre-school partners to operate the Jumpstart program working closely with teachers and center directors, collecting paperwork and coordinating materials storage.
7. Collects paperwork (including student consent forms and assessment materials) from teachers and communicates with teachers and administrators to get program feedback and adjusts program implementation when necessary.
8. utilizes the Jumpstart Observation & Feedback continuum to conduct on-site monitoring visits, coaches Corps members related to the Jumpstart elements and provides follow-up communication to share strengths and areas that need improvement.
-Bachelor's degree in education or a related filed -3 years of related experience
-Master's degree in early childhood education or early literacy -PreK or elementary certification in addition to the minimum qualifications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge related to early literacy skills and acquisition to be able to lead training for Corps members volunteers. Ability to coach Corps member volunteers to improve session quality. communication and social skills to build and nurture relationships with teachers and school staff.
Applicants must apply at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach 1) a cover letter; 2) resume or vitae; and 3) a copy of transcripts (official transcripts are required upon employment ). Any social numbers included on requested transcripts should be redacted prior to submitting online.
This position is contingent upon the availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Internal Number: 500550
About Mississippi State University
Mississippi State University represents the highest level of research activity for doctorate-granting institutions and is designated by the Carnegie Foundation as an R1-Very High Research Activity University. Also, a National Science Foundation “Top 100” research University, MSU shelters a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s oldest and most prestigious honor society, and values the talents of our distinguished faculty, staff, and student scholars. Here, a culture of inclusion is fostered and we’re driven each day to make a difference at the local, state, regional, national and global levels. At Mississippi State University we invite you to join us as we continue our momentum in research, teaching, and service.
To apply, please go to http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/