Research - Laboratory/Non-Laboratory, Staff/Administrative
The position will coordinate a research study that examines the effects of the watercress vegetable on different toxicants and cancer causing agents found in the environment and cigarette smoke.
Recruit, consent and run study subjects and process and manage biomarker samples, including blood, urine, saliva and oral cells.
Conduct, coordinate and implement the research study from start-up to closeout according to study protocols.
- 20% Recruitment, screening, consenting, and enrolling of participants
- 30% Implementing the protocol for data collection (conducting subject visits, arranging study schedules, coordinating with medical staff)
- 10% vital sign collection, medical history interviews, and side effect monitoring
- 15% Specimen collection & processing
- 15% Data entry, data cleaning, and building data reports
- 5% Survey and form development and management (REDCap, Word, Excel, Access)
- 5% Other duties as assigned.
All Required Qualifications must be documented on application materials.
Clinical research experience: protocol implementation, coordinate subject visits, consent and enroll subjects.
BA/BS with at least 2 years of experience or a combination of related education and work experience to equal 6 years; position involves comparing, verifying and reconciling data to help department achieve overall objectives.
Specimen collection and processing experience: blood, urine, saliva/oral cell collection and processing
Familiar with International Conference for Harmonization guidelines and FDA’s Code of Federal Regulations.
Regulatory experience: IRB application, IND and Certificate of Confidentiality applications.
Be available to work variable hours including some early evening and occasional weekends; time may be negotiable depending on study needs.
Pay close attention to detail and able to problem solve.
Strong skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Self-starter with strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Internal Number: 337365
About University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
The University of Minnesota, founded in the belief that all people are enriched by understanding, is dedicated to the advancement of learning and the search for truth; to the sharing of this knowledge through education for a diverse community; and to the application of this knowledge to benefit the people of the state, the nation, and the world.