We are looking for a Business Development Director (BDD) to create and implement a strategic vision for the organizationâ™s funding opportunities to grow the organizationâ™s programs. This vision includes partnerships and sponsors for different programs. The BDD will report to the Executive Director of the organization.
1) Develop effective ways to engage companies industry-level business partnerships
2) Identify funding opportunities and execution of various stages of business development process
3) Develop prospects, prospect pipeline and outreach in vertical market entries
4) Demonstrate the ability to effectively secure the attention of senior level prospects and work with the executive director to build trusting relationships with potential partners and sponsors
5) Create deal structures and negotiate agreements
6) Develop sales goals and ensure they are met
1) Previous experience with business development
2) Commitment to the purpose, values, and operating principles of CMD-ITâ™s work
3) Excellent organizational skills, time management, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize effectively
4) Demonstrated ability to write and present information for a diverse set of audiences
5) High degree of integrity, and professionalism
6) Entrepreneurial spirit and high sense of urgency
7) Work with diverse and multi-disciplinary teams
8) Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
9) Proactive problem solver and creative thinker
1) Bachelorâ™s degree
2) Masterâ™s degree
1) A minimum five years of relevant progressive experience
2) Business Development and/or Sales experience
2) Cover Letter
3) Reference Contact Information (3)
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR08834
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.