Job no: 500310 Position type: Full-Time 12-Month, Time-Limited Department: 560106 - SHC - COVID 19 Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS Categories: Support Staff Position Open Date: Jul 1 2020
This is a TEMPORARY position, dependent upon the severity and scope of the COVID-19 pandemic. Provides general medical care to patients, within the scope of applicable licensure, as directed by clinicians of the John C. Longest Student Health Center for patients suspected of, or confirmed to have, COVID-19.
1. Provides direct patient care including: a. Gathers medical history from patient. b. Interviews patients, measures vital signs and records information in patient's chart. c. Prepares examination rooms for patients. d. Assists clinicians with examinations. e. Conducts vision and hearing tests. f. Changes dressings. g. Performs PEAK tests and administers nebulizer treatment. h. Performs x-ray procedures per established protocols and training.
2. Performs miscellaneous duties including: a. Makes referral appointments for patients. b. Calls in prescriptions to pharmacies, faxes reports to others doctors and to hospitals. c. Maintains inventory of supplies, restocks examination rooms and trauma room with instruments and other supplies. d. Maintains current BLS (CPR) certifications, participates in assessment and quality improvement programs.
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Degree from an accredited nursing program. 2. Current Mississippi license as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or as a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN). 3. At least one year experience as a nurse in a clinic setting.
1. Work experience above the minimum required performing related duties. 2. Certification in ACLS, college health nursing, or office x-ray.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Standard nursing skills, Electronic medical record utilization. Ability to handle busy environment. Empathy for patients. Capability to accomplish tasks timely and accurately
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
1. General office conditions. 2. Exposure to communicable diseases, body fluids, blood and blood products. 3. Potential for injury from needles and other sharp objects. 4. Potential for injury from chemicals. 5. Possible exposure to radiation from x-ray.
All interested parties should apply online and attach a resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Internal Number: 500310
About Mississippi State University
Mississippi State University represents the highest level of research activity for doctorate-granting institutions and is designated by the Carnegie Foundation as an R1-Very High Research Activity University. Also, a National Science Foundation “Top 100” research University, MSU shelters a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s oldest and most prestigious honor society, and values the talents of our distinguished faculty, staff, and student scholars. Here, a culture of inclusion is fostered and we’re driven each day to make a difference at the local, state, regional, national and global levels. At Mississippi State University we invite you to join us as we continue our momentum in research, teaching, and service.
To apply, please go to http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/