Job ID: 2020-11858 Type: Full-Time # of Openings: 1 Category: Information Technology
Princeton University has recently implemented Event Management System (EMS), a centralized room scheduling system. EMS went live with about 40% of campus spaces in July 2019, and University Scheduling will complete the transition of all campus spaces and the departments that manage those spaces to EMS by the end of Summer 2020.
Conference and Event Services, a division of University Services, is seeking a Client System Specialist to join its University Scheduling team. The Client System Specialist will support the efforts of the System Manager in University Scheduling providing support for the Event Management System (EMS) for a wide variety of computing devices across campus. Tasks include data entry, diagnosing system issues, providing user-specific configuration assistance, setting up new departments/users, and more. In addition, the Client System Specialist will serve as a back-up for the Systems Manager on other Conference & Event Services and University Scheduling technology solutions including but not limited to Iris Conference, Iris Registration, Salto, CCure, IAdea Room Signs, Drupal Websites, and Windows/Mac Operating Systems.
The Client System Specialist, in conjunction with the Systems Manager, will also support the University’s emergency planning/response initiatives and campus planning efforts by analyzing data from EMS and generating relevant reports.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a three-year, benefits eligible term position.
System Support: • Serve as functional and technical support for EMS
• Accurately and quickly assess problem, scope, and resolution for issues related to EMS
• Learn, interpret, and apply a wide variety of policies and procedures relating to and impacting EMS
• Understand the need for and demonstrate knowledge of data stewardship in areas applicable to the position
• Participate in test scenarios to ensure the reliability and compatibility of each upgrade and patch with the existing environment
• Manually enter and maintain space, occupancy, departmental and service provider data into EMS
• Assist in the completion of technical or administrative projects delegated by the Systems Manager. It is expected that any project related tasks delegated to the Client System Specialist will be completed in a timely manner and will have detailed documentation regarding standard project management information, I.E., objectives, timelines key contacts, critical path components
• Respond to and communicate progress and status of various IT outages and issues related to the various Conference and Event Services and University Scheduling systems that may affect users across the University community
Customer Service: • Using ServiceNow; initiate, review, log, and resolve operational problems related to functional issues of EMS
• Provide in-person, virtual, phone, and email support for students, faculty, and staff with varying technical backgrounds
• Determine when communications with management personnel are warranted for specific events
• Identify opportunities for improvement to process, communication, and campus relationships
• Provide after-hours or on-call support as assigned or requested
Training Documentation & User/Department Onboarding: • Provide user-specific configuration assistance, setting up new departments/users
• Educate and train students, faculty, and staff on proper use of EMS
• Provide end-user instruction, videos, and knowledgebase articles that include EMS client installations as well as service feature/functionality and instructions for use
• Maintain current knowledge of EMS by reviewing vendor’s documentation, technical bulletins and participating in webinars, etc.
Other Duties: • Represent the Systems Manager at meetings to provide guidance and advisement related to EMS and the various Conference and Event Services and University Scheduling Systems
• Serve as a back-up for the Systems Manager on other Conference & Event Services and University Scheduling technology solutions including but not limited to EMS, Iris Conference, Iris Registration, Salto, CCure, IAdea Room Signs, Drupal Websites, and Windows/Mac Operating Systems
• Provide Tier 1 desktop support to Conference and Event Services and University Scheduling staff
• Other duties as needed
Essential Qualifications: • Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience
• Experience working in a SaaS environment
• A self-motivated willingness to explore current software systems for greater efficiencies and capacity to offer more benefit to current and new users
• Experience with University operations, programs, and procedures
• Demonstrated ability to create clear and concise user guides and technical documentation
• Experience with data entry
• Demonstrated ability to build successful professional relationships
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Ability to work independently
• Demonstrated strong Customer Service skills
• Availability and ability to work weekends and after-hours as assigned or requested
• Demonstrated familiarity with data analytics and report writing
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills to partner with a diverse customer base
• The position requires critical thinking, problem solving, and technical experience
• Demonstrated ability of strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate information to staff and customers with varying technical backgrounds
Preferred Qualifications: • Experience with and understanding of Event Management System (EMS)
• Experience in a higher education setting
• Experience with event coordination
• Demonstrated experience working with APIs and batch file scripting
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW.
Internal Number: 122070348
About Princeton University
Princeton University is a vibrant community of scholarship and learning that stands in the nation's service and in the service of all nations. Chartered in 1746, Princeton is the fourth-oldest college in the United States. Princeton is an independent, coeducational, nondenominational institution that provides undergraduate and graduate instruction in the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences and engineering.As a world-renowned research university, Princeton seeks to achieve the highest levels of distinction in the discovery and transmission of knowledge and understanding. At the same time, Princeton is distinctive among research universities in its commitment to undergraduate teaching.Today, more than 1,100 faculty members instruct approximately 5,200 undergraduate students and 2,600 graduate students. The University's generous financial aid program ensures that talented students from all economic backgrounds can afford a Princeton education.