The Department of Preventive Medicine, Division of Environmental Health is seeking a bilingual (English/Spanish), dependable, flexible, and detail-oriented individual is needed to join a research team at the University of Southern California to participate in a research study called the âMaternal and Developmental Risks from Environmental and Social Stressors (MADRES)â Study. The study is investigating the effects of air pollutants, chemicals and stress on maternal weight gain during and weight retention after pregnancy and on infant birth weight and early life health and growth patterns.
(1) scheduling appointments for home visits with participants and conducting home visits to conduct study procedures;
(2) assisting with creation of study documents and questionnaires;
(3) completing phone interviews by phone;
(4) consenting participants in Spanish and English and explaining to participants how to complete the study procedures;
(5) reviewing questionnaire responses from participants;
(6) entering data into computer databases, if needed;
(7) providing administrative support to the research study and the study manager; and
(8) other duties as assigned.
Fluent Spanish and English writing and speaking skills are required, as is the ability to work well with different groups, including research faculty and staff. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational capabilities, problem-solving skills, and a demonstrated ability to work independently while managing multiple projects. Flexible working hours including evenings and weekends is essential. Prior experience in a research environment is preferred. Bachelorâs degree in public health or biological sciences or equivalent experience preferred.
Minimum Education: High school or equivalentMinimum Experience: 1 yearMinimum Field of Expertise: Knowledge of data collection procedures and some experience with proposal preparation and production of technical documents
Internal Number: REQ20084700
USC is the leading private research university in Los Angeles—a global center for arts, technology and international business. With more than 47,500 students, we are located primarily in Los Angeles but also in various US and global satellite locations. As the largest private employer in Los Angeles, responsible for $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic and professional schools and administrative units. As a USC employee and member of the Trojan Family—the faculty, staff, students, and alumni who make USC a great place to work—you will enjoy excellent benefits, including a variety of well-being programs designed to help individuals achieve work-life balance.