Responsible for the fiscal and administrative functions for the assigned Research Centers, to include financial, budgetary, contracts and grants, procurement and personnel operations.
1. Manages all administrative and financial aspects of the assigned centers providing accountability and ensuring compliance with state, university and external funding agency guidelines.
2. Develops and implements long- and short-term fiscal plans to support the goals and objectives of the centers.
3. Serves as signature authority on assigned research accounts for personnel, grant and financial documents.
4. Acts on behalf of the director of the research center in the director's absence.
5. Works with faculty in the development and submission of research proposals.
6. Serves as administrative contact for external funding collaborative agencies.
7. Supervises the creation and maintenance of informational web sites, to include identification of subject matter and proposed layouts.
8. Performs other job-related duties as required.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Job Posting Information:
The following documents are required:
1.) Cover letter delineating the manner in which your experience applies to the job posting
3.) Complete UH application with salary history
4.) Three work references
Note: We will maintain your confidentiality and notify you in advance of making contact with any of your references. References will be contacted after the interview process has been completed. Education may be counted in lieu of experience.
Internal Number: STA006226
About University of Houston
Founded in 1927, the University of Houston is the leading public research university in the vibrant international city of Houston. Each year, we educate more than 40,750 students in more than 300 undergraduate and graduate academic programs, on campus and online. UH awards more than 8,000 degrees annually, with more than 200,000 alumni. UH is a Carnegie-designated Tier One public research university.