OFFICIAL TITLE: Payroll Director SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Executive Director, Chief Human Resources Officer SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Payroll personnel
General Statement of Duties: The Payroll Director is responsible for the timely, accurate, and compliant processing and reconciliation of payroll for all benefited, non-benefited, contract, and student employees in the university. The incumbent performs calculations for payroll projections, budgeting purposes, and data analysis.
(E) = Essential
1. Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field.
2. Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in payroll, of which at least 3 must have been in a supervisory role.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of laws and regulations regarding payroll processing.
4. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Access.
5. Ability to work with and serve a diverse population, with sensitivity to cultural differences.
6. Ability to communicate well, both written and orally.
7. Ability to work as an individual and team player.
8. Ability to advocate for and implement change as methods for processing payroll evolve.
9. Ability to successfully pass a complete background and CORI check.
10. Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
1. Master's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field.
2. Experience with PeopleSoft, HRCMS, and/or other state-used systems.
3. Experience working in a higher education setting.
This is a full-time, benefited, non-unit position. The firm salary range for this position is $75,000 - $82,000 based on experience. Worcester State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
All applicants must apply online at worcester.interviewexchange.com
Expected documents for submission include a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information. Applicants must complete the National Student Clearinghouse Authorization form or submit the official transcript of highest degree.
All information that can be uploaded to one's e-account should be done so by the applicant; information which cannot may be faxed to 508-929-8163 or mailed to:
WORCESTER STATE UNIVERSITY is a vibrant public university located in the residential west side of Worcester, Massachusetts, the second largest city in New England and home to 38,000 college students at more than a dozen colleges and universities. Situated on a compact 58-acre campus, the University offers 50 undergraduate and graduate academic programs to more than 6,400 students annually. The Princeton Review ranks us as one of the 75 "Best Value" public colleges in the country, as well as a "Best in the Northeast" college.