The Service Center Technician reports to the Senior Systems and Service Center Manager as is responsible for providing technical service, support and maintenance to the server and client based systems within the School of Dentistry.
In this very service oriented role, the technician provides the first level of support to the community of users.
This position requires the ability to do server and desktop Maintenance. In addition experience in technical support and the training in the operation of the dental school’s computer hardware is required.
An understanding of Software installation and Software/ Hardware Network Trouble is necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(1) Receive, log and track problems, support-requests, enhancement-requests and service-inquiry calls from users.
(2) Troubleshoot user problems with the electronic patient management system and related systems.
(3) Provide hardware, networking and software support for computers by following policies and procedures related to how problems are documented and corrected.
(4) Report progress toward resolution and current ticket status to the end-user and Senior Systems and Service Center Manager within the timeframes established by the department.
(5) Ensure acceptance of resolutions and end-user satisfaction by resolving issues within acceptable timeframes established by the department.
(6) Escalate issues as necessary to level 2 support.
(7) Inventory and install new computer software, hardware, and peripheral equipment including desktop, notebook and tablet computers within the School of Dentistry.
(8) Assist the Senior Systems and Clinic Services Manager in the day-to-day management of the clinic servers.
(9) Support training and author documentation for users.
(10) Other duties as assigned by the Senior Systems and Service Center Manager – daily.
A two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school with six months to two years experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work well in a team environment as well on an individual basis. • Excellent problem solving skills. • The ability to organize complex information into an understandable format and convey that information to people with no technical knowledge. • Prior experience providing support to end-users. • Strong technical writing skills including technical diagramming using flowcharts, data flow diagrams and other applicable documentation methods. • Experience with many diverse hardware, software and operating system environments. • Willingness to learn. • Strict attention to detail, responsiveness when unexpected down-time occurs and commitment to ensuring user base receives optimal uptime of computer systems. • A commitment to the highest ethical standards in IT use.
Repetitive lifting of light weight objects with frequent bending and stooping.
Repetitive lifting average weight objects with frequent bending or stooping.
Occasionally lifts heavy objects (over 50 pounds).
Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
Licenses/Certifications: Comptia A+ and other technical certifications a plus
Open Date: 11/21/2019
Salary/Pay Information: $40,000.00
Anticipated Schedule: Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
About University of Detroit Mercy
Michigan’s largest, most comprehensive private university, the University of Detroit Mercy is an independent Catholic institution of higher education sponsored by the Religious Sisters of Mercy and Society of Jesus. The university seeks qualified candidates who will contribute to the University's urban mission, commitment to diversity, and tradition of scholarly excellence. The University of Detroit Mercy is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer with a diverse faculty and student body and welcomes persons of all backgrounds.
Internal Number: SF9774-TC001-1054-1187
About University of Detroit Mercy
The University of Detroit Mercy has one goal - to help our students realize their dreams and ambitions. We fulfill that goal by offering challenging academic programs taught by talented, committed professors and supplemented by hands-on research, co-op, and internship opportunities.