The Director of Clinical Informatics and Analytics will play a key leadership role in all aspects of clinical data and analytic strategy, infrastructure database planning as well as implementation and execution of the platform to advance data discovery at Cedars-Sinai Health. The director will assist in setting and operationalizing priorities and objectives, and tactical analytic efforts to continuously advance Cedars-Sinai as the leader in healthcare.
1. In conjunction with EIS leadership, responsible and accountable for analytics strategic direction to include design, implementation, and validation.
2. Provide clinical informatics and analytics leadership throughout the organization in collaboration with stakeholders to integrate financial, operational, and clinical data.
3. Support key Enterprise Information System led analytics committees for initiatives and project management.
4. Provide clinical informatics and analytics expertise to the design and development of programs and projects to ensure delivery of safe, effective, evidence-based care. This includes translation of existing complex workflows from a variety of patient care settings into a model that can be supported by clinical decision support, self-service analytics, and where applicable, predictive analytics.
5. In conjunction with key leaders, ensure that structures are in place to support development and monitoring of effective patient alignment across the healthcare system (linking the medical center, health delivery network, and ambulatory areas).
6. Be a visible champion and facilitator in the healthcare arena for the establishment of a longitudinal Electronic Health Record.
7. Enrich communication for stakeholders in the design, delivery, and evaluation of analytic initiatives.
8. Maintain familiarity with new clinical systems technology thereby advising Enterprise Information System and clinical staff as to which systems may be appropriate and capable of supporting strategic initiatives within the Cedars-Sinai Health System.
9. Work with regional and national partners for development of analytics to improve clinical perspectives.
10. Enhance contributions and promote leadership including professional development.
11. Promote innovation and facilitate the development of an information culture that drives continuous clinical improvement through quality and/or research initiatives.
Healthcare professional degree qualification (MD or PhD).
Epic certification preferred.
10+ years experience in clinical practice as a doctor or allied healthcare professional.
Demonstrated ability to develop and operationalize validated data analytics in healthcare.
Project leadership championing/leading with design and application implementation.
Experience with multiple informatics and/or analytics projects.
Excellent communication and people skills and skilled in process management and group dynamics.
Proven ability to engage effectively with a broad range of stakeholders within and outside the organization and in an interprofessional environment.
Proficient at extracting data using SQL from Epic EMR Clarity database.
Full command (verbal and written) of the English language.
Working Title: Director, Clinical Informatics/Analytics
Providing healthcare for more than 100 years, Cedars-Sinai has evolved into one of the most dynamic and highly renowned medical centers in the world. Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. This attracts exceptional talent to Cedars-Sinai, including world-renowned physician-scientists who seek a place where they can both conduct research and see patients--the ideal formula for discovery and its translation into cures. Our patients benefit from access to doctors at the top of their fields, and our researchers have an ideal community in which to study the impact of healthcare challenges, and reflect that knowledge in their research. The greater Los Angeles area in which Cedars-Sinai resides possesses unparalleled cultural and ethnic diversity which offers outstanding opportunities for translational and clinical research and a dynamic environment for medical education.Although community based, Cedars-Sinai is a major t...eaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Cedars-Sinai has highly competitive graduate medical education programs in more than 50 specialty and subspecialty areas, a graduate program in biomedical sciences and translational medicine, a clinical scholars program directed towards junior physicians with aspirations to become clinical scientists, and post graduate training opportunities.There are more than 250 full-time faculty members at Cedars-Sinai. The voluntary medical staff, comprised of more than 2,200 specialty board-certified or board-qualified physicians, represent all of the specialties and subspecialties and collaborate with full-time medical staff in the teaching responsibilities of the graduate medical education programs.