Job Summary/Basic Function: Job Summary: The Equipment Manager will assist with the annual procurement of athletics apparel, equipment and footwear. Participates in activities related to the purchase, storage, issuance and return and the repair of athletic equipment, clothing and uniforms for primarily football and other sports, as assigned.
Examples of work performed: 1. Manages the procurement and distribution of all equipment materials for primarily football student-athletes, staff and other sports, as assigned.
2. Assists in maintaining a computerized inventory control for all equipment room stock.
3. Maintains athletes' property records in accordance with NCAA rules and regulations.
4. Works directly with the official supplier of Under Arm 5. Assists in organizing and executing setup and breakdown for Lamar University Athletics competitions and practices.
6. Maintains laundry service for student-athletes and staff following practices and competition.
7. Collects and cleans soiled clothing items.
8. Assists in the receipt of all department packages and coordinates drop off times with several parcel services.
9. Manages local delivery and pick-up of product for the purpose of embellishment and repairs of team and department products.
10. Manages student workers.
Minimum Qualifications: Qualifications: -Bachelors degree required -1-3 years relevant experience required -Demonstrated strong organizational and communication skills -Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite required -Knowledge of NCAA rules required
Strict adherence to established NCAA, Southland Conference, Lamar University and Texas State University System rules and regulations. A violation of these rules and regulations can lead to disciplinary action including termination.
Reports Directly to: Head Football Coach
Security Sensitive Statement: This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Lamar University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Lamar University not to discriminate on the basis of non-relevant criteria including, but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities, admissions or employment practices.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Home to more than 14,000 students, Lamar University is one of the fastest growing universities in Texas and is a member of The Texas State University System. LU offers more than 100 programs of study leading to bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees. The 270-acre campus in Beaumont is about 90 miles east of Houston and about 25 miles west of Louisiana