Research - Laboratory/Non-Laboratory, Staff/Administrative
Location: Hyde Park Campus
1) Perform and assist with immunology and microbiome experiments under minimal supervision.
2) Perform experiments that involve transgenic mouse colony breeding and genotyping, independently or assisting other scientists.
3) Participate in laboratory meetings regarding current research and other lab activities.
4) Assist with organizing laboratory and ordering supplies.
5) Maintains a safe environment for others and self; adheres to safety policies and procedures.
1) Ability to interact with a diverse workforce.
2) Ability to manage deadlines.
3) Ability to work as a member of a team as well as independently.
4) Analytical thinking.
1) Bachelorâ™s degree or above in related field.
1) 5-10 years of work experience in immunology.
2) Mouse organ collection and sample preparations.
3) Multi-parameter Flow cytometry.
4) Molecular biology including plasmid preps and generation/cloning of constructs, recombinant protein expression and PCR.
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR08562
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.