Job Summary/Basic Function: The Assistant Athletic Trainer assists the Assistant Athletics Director - Sports Medicine in providing medical services to Lamar University's student-athletes.
1. Accurately maintain all records and reports (physical examinations, injury records, physician notes, treatment & rehabilitation notes, drug testing, etc.).
2. Assists team Physician and Assistant Athletics Director - Sports Medicine in injury recognition, treatment, rehabilitation and conditioning of the student-athlete.
3. Primary daily sport coverage and travel with men's basketball, as assigned by the Assistant Athletics Director - Sports Medicine. Assist with coverage of additional sports, as needed.
4. Responsible for administrative duties to be determined by the Assistant Athletics Director - Sports Medicine.
5. Supervise graduate assistant athletic trainers and supervise and clinically instruct undergraduate athletic training apprenticeship students.
6. Act at the Apprenticeship Program Coordinator for the undergraduate Athletic Training Apprenticeship Program for Texas Licensure.
7. Carry half-time teaching load in Health & Kinesiology Department, as assigned.
8. Perform related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Qualifications: * Masters degree in Athletic Training or related field required. * Licensed Athletic Trainer in the State of Texas (Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers), required upon starting date. * Certified as an Athletic Trainer (Board of Certification, Inc.) required. * Emergency Cardiac Care (ECC) Certified required. * Minimum of one (1) year athletic training experience beyond the undergraduate level required (work performed as a graduate assistant athletic trainer is sufficient).
Strict adherence to established NCAA, Southland Conference, Texas State University System and Lamar University rules and regulations. A violation of these rules and regulations can lead to disciplinary action including termination.
Official transcripts are required at time of employment.
Reports Directly to the: Assistant Athletics Director Sports Medicine
To apply for this job, please go to https://jobs.lamar.edu/.
Previous experience supervising undergraduate athletic training apprenticeship preferred.
Previous classroom or lab teaching experience is preferred.
Security Sensitive Statement: This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Lamar University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Lamar University not to discriminate on the basis of non-relevant criteria including, but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities, admissions or employment practices.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Home to more than 14,000 students, Lamar University is one of the fastest growing universities in Texas and is a member of The Texas State University System. LU offers more than 100 programs of study leading to bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees. The 270-acre campus in Beaumont is about 90 miles east of Houston and about 25 miles west of Louisiana