The Adult Education & Literacy (AEL) Corrections Reentry Specialist is responsible for providing reentry instruction activities.
There are multiple positions open at the Brazos County Detention Center.
Essential Duties :
1. Design, plan, organize, and deliver Employment Training for individuals preparing for reentry back into society. 2. Use varied methods of instruction to deliver instruction. 3. Offer specific instruction to help participants maintain or improve job skills. 4. Will conduct the TABE baseline assessment for students entering the program. 5. Will organize class rosters and maintain student attendance. 6. Will follow-up with student retention. 7. Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Bachelor's Degree 2. Previous experience with teaching, instruction, or working in a correctional setting. 3. Experience with planning, organizing, and conducting a workshop/seminar or similar type activity. 4. Attention to detail and time managements skills are helpful. 5. Excellent written and verbal communication abilities. 6. Honoring Blinn's and the Texas Adult Education and Literacy policies and regulatory requirements. 7. Ability to gather, collect data and build Excel reports. 8. Computer Literacy (knowledge of Microsoft Office/TEAMS) 9. Ability to facilitate Online/Remote instruction via. (Zoom) or (E-campus) 10. Being receptive to feedback, willing to learn, and embracing continuous improvement. 11. Willing to work mornings, afternoon, or evening shifts.
1. Texas Teaching Certificate or degree in Education or Adult Education.
2. Teaching experience working with a diverse population of adult students in a multi-level setting.
3. Curriculum development and lesson planning experience.
4. Current knowledge of Texas Adult Education and Literacy policies and procedures.
5. Knowledge of Aztec distance learning program.
Salary Range: $17/hr. - $20/hr. DOQ
Internal Number: 8901
About Blinn College
Established in 1883, Blinn College offers a variety of college academic transfer, workforce training, and continuing education classes for more than 18,000 students who attend one of our four campuses or our comprehensive distance education programs. The premier two-year college in Texas, Blinn College has the state's highest percentage of students who transfer to leading four-year institutions.