Established in 1972, Thomas Edison State University (TESU) is one of New Jersey’s 12 senior public institutions of higher education and one of the oldest institutions in the country designed specifically for working adults. Located in the capital of New Jersey, the University is regionally accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and offers associates’, bachelors’, masters’ and doctorate degrees in more than 100 areas of study, as well as undergraduate, graduate and noncredit professional certificate programs. Thomas Edison State University is the leader in online education with approximately 15,200 students enrolled in these dynamic programs.
The University has pioneered the use of the latest technology to develop flexible, high-quality educational programs. Forbes magazine identified TESU as one of the top 20 schools in the nation in the use of technology to create learning opportunities for adults.
Thomas Edison State University seeks a full-time Associate Dean, Heavin School of Arts, Science and Technology who is a senior member of the leadership team that will lead the development and growth of the program with a focused commitment on meeting the statewide and national industry and organization needs.
The Associate Dean is responsible for organizing, planning and coordinating curriculum development and implementation, recruitment, retention, strategy development and implementation, research and development activities for the Heavin School of Arts, Science and Technology. The Associate Dean works as a liaison with other Schools, programs, coordinators and administrative offices to facilitate the goals and objectives of the School.
Doctorate degree in an academic discipline; Evidence of graduate coursework in cybersecurity, professional experience or certification in the field; Minimum of 6 years faculty and/or administrator experience in higher education setting or experience in cyber security workforce; Developing and managing undergraduate and graduate cybersecurity program experience.
- Knowledge of the (1) current issue, trends and opportunities in cybersecurity required (2) philosophy and practices of higher education and familiarity with the standards, curriculum and policies pertaining to adult learning (3) current issues and trends in adult learning, distance learning and online education
- Ability to (1) work with professional and support staff, and the community at large (2) work at a distance with students, mentors and other professionals (3) use technology to communicate, synthesize information and prepare reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilites include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead and direct the development, implementation, continuous improvement and academic review of undergraduate and graduate degree programs and certificates in Cybersecurity and related programs.
- Oversee the database infrastructure for the School’s Cybersecurity and related programs in relation to degree audit evaluations, curriculum management, course equivalencies, course descriptions, mentor database, course information, retention and other assigned areas.
- Engage in coordinated outreach and support of students in order to enhance student success and retention.
- Assist the Dean (1) in overseeing academic policies for the School (2) develop, implement and direct business/strategic plans for programs (3) in the supervision of the School’s Assistant Deans and other administrative staff.
- Lead the writing and managing of grants to fund the enhancement of the School’s programs and curriculum.
- Participate in (1) outreach and the development of strong alliances with the external community (2) professional organizations as appropriate to maintain currency in the cybersecurity field.
- Collaborate with appropriate offices to develop and execute enrollment management strategies and initiatives that promote degree programs to various constituencies.
- Represent the School with internal and external audiences through committees, meetings and conferences
Thomas Edison State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
About Thomas Edison State University
Thomas Edison State College was established by the State of New Jersey and chartered by the New Jersey Board of Higher Education in 1972. The College was founded for the purpose of providing diverse and alternative methods of achieving a collegiate education of the highest quality for mature adults.