The Division of Environmental Health in the Department of Preventive Medicine at the University of Southern California is seeking an experienced, dependable, and detail-oriented full-time Research Coordinator I to work under Dr. Megan Herting in the Herting Laboratory. The Research Coordinator will recruit, schedule, and conduct clinic visits for various ongoing research projects focused on pre- and post-natal environmental exposures, emotions, cognition, and brain development in children, adolescents, and young adults.Â Â
Overseeing recruitment, screening, and scheduling of study participants Conducting study visits, including neuropsychological and behavioral assessment, MRI acquisition and support, collection of biosamples Assistance with IRB submissions and amendments Managing data collection procedures and establishing new protocols, as well as overseeing data quality procedures Assisting with data collection on other ongoing laboratory studies on an as needed basis He/she will assist with all administrative-related tasks for the project, including database management, data entry, and other general office duties in support of the goals of the studySchedule, attend, and prepare data and agendas for regular weekly study meetings as well as scientific collaboration meetings on as needed basis
1) Bachelorâs degree and 1 years of experience of research and/or clinical experience is required
2) Excellent English writing and speaking skills are required
3) Sufficient computer knowledge to interface with a variety of database, word processing, and scheduling
4) Good communication and interpersonal skills
5) Effectiveness in organizing tasks and setting priorities, multi-tasking, working efficiently with minimum oversight, interacting constructively with faculty and staff, and the ability to be adaptable, creative, and a quick learner
6) Flexible working hours including evenings and weekends is essential.
1) Background in psychological (including neuropsychological testing) and/or neuroimaging research.Previous coding experience, including R is a plus.Experience with programs like EndNote or Photoshop also a plus.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum educationMinimum Experience: 1 yearMinimum Field of Expertise: Administrative or research experience. Working knowledge of MS Office applications. Demonstrated effective communication and writing skills. Ability to multi-task and prioritize. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
Internal Number: REQ20087906
About University of Southern California (USC)
USC is the leading private research university in Los Angeles—a global center for arts, technology and international business. With more than 47,500 students, we are located primarily in Los Angeles but also in various US and global satellite locations. As the largest private employer in Los Angeles, responsible for $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic and professional schools and administrative units. As a USC employee and member of the Trojan Family—the faculty, staff, students, and alumni who make USC a great place to work—you will enjoy excellent benefits, including a variety of well-being programs designed to help individuals achieve work-life balance.