The Procure to Pay (P2P) Operations Manager is responsible for P2P operations, accounts payable, expense reporting, P2P business analytics, end-to-end contract administration workflow and business analytics for category management. Reporting to the Senior Associate Director for Procurement, Contracts and Sourcing, this role will drive operational excellence across P2P activities focusing on working together with other teams to collaborate on improving current processes and supporting models with current technology. In addition, this role will be a part of P2P transformation which includes implementing a new end-to end P2P technology (BuySite on Cloud computing) change management, training and planning; review current data and work with manager to develop KPIs and metrics that are relevant and will help monitor change and progress and drive resource planning and utilization. This role manages day-to-day operations of the invoice to payment processing through procurement framework. The position oversees the month-end close process and ensures achievement of KPIs including accuracy, completeness and timeliness of daily invoice and payment processing activities. The role develops data analytics model that can be used for identifying potential cost saving in Category Management area.Â Responsibilities include the collection, dissemination and integration of data from a variety of sources to deliver meaningful actionable insights. The position works with current contract database and develop seamless end-to-end workflow so the contract administration activities are visible through one integrated dashboard.
1) Be a key contributor to the development of the P2P strategy, roadmap and operational plan; assess P2P landscape across Booth, identify needs, and determine best frame work, process, policies, resources and stakeholders engagement model.
2) Review current data and work with Senior Director to develop KPIs and metrics that are relevant and will help monitor charge and progress and drive resource planning and utilization.
3) Manage day-to-day operations of the invoice to payment processing through procurement framework.
4) Ensure achievement of KPIs including accuracy, completeness and timeliness of daily invoice and payment processing activities.
5) Oversee that aging invoices and payments are identified, reconciled and resolved within SLA.
6) Manage on-time and error free AP and PO reconciliation.
7) Proactively work with the Systems Analyst to develop models for process simplification, cycle time reduction and other SLA improvement and transaction cost reduction.
8) Develop and deliver reporting and meaningful business insights on procure-to-pay and category management metrics.
9) Monitor and respond to supplier issues; review and approve proposed transactions.
10) Work with Financial Applications, Accounting, Operations, Systems to continuously improve procurement to pay solutions and processes, with a focus on efficiency, automation, user experience and appropriate controls.
11) Ensure a seamless linkage across the P2P process.
12) Monitor financial commitments, cash management, actuals and accruals associated with purchases and payments and coordinate with budget team on related issues.
13) Support requirement gathering/testing efforts for SQL database conversion and P2P tool or technology.
14) Develop data analytics model that can be used for identifying potential cost saving in Category Management.
15) Manage the collection, dissemination and integration of data from a variety of sources to deliver meaningful actionable insights.
16) Work with current contract database and develop seamless end-to-end workflow so the contract administration activities are visible through one integrated dashboard.
1) Knowledge of SQL, and SQL Data Query.
2) Knowledge of vendor payments with an emphasis on reportable and taxable payment with the ability to analyze and resolve complex accounts payable problems.
3) Knowledge of key P2P concepts for retrieving and communicating relevant metrics and spend analysis.
4) Considerable knowledge of University FAS (Financial Accounting System) system, Accounts Payable, University Procurement Policy, and Business Law.
5) Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
6) Good communication skills (both verbal and written).
7) Strong interpersonal and client service skills are essential
8) Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
1) Bachelorâ™s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related area.
1) Four years of deep expert knowledge of all aspects of payable procedures, procurement processes and full cycle accounting practices.
2) Experience in database (Access), Excel, business solutions software, accounting software, Business Objects.
5) Experience at identifying and capturing cost savings and process improvement opportunity.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
2) Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR08377
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.