The Tribal Training and Certification Partnership (TTCP) is operated through the Center for Regional and Tribal Child Welfare Studies (Center), through the Department of Social Work at the University of Minnesota Duluth. The Lead Trainer of the TTCC will provide frequent training at child welfare training events, and through online training. This position assists with training coordination, curriculum development and implementing specialized training programs for tribal child welfare communities as well as Minnesota child welfare workers and supervisors. This position will collaborate with tribal stakeholders, the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS), and Child Welfare Training Academy (CWTA) to outline training events, and competencies. This position will build solid relationships with stakeholders. This position is responsible for developing curriculum and presentation for training events as well as approving other trainer's materials and presentations. This position is responsible for assisting in evaluation of training and presentations to achieve a level of excellence and dynamic delivery for the Tribal Training and Certification Partnership.
1. (30%) Develop curriculum, and train child welfare workers and supervisors statewide on ICWA competency and certification. • Train at local, regional, and statewide trainings. • Train online through Zoom and other platforms. • Collaborate with the Child Welfare Training Academy for training registration and marketing. • Track completion of training by individuals for certificates of completion. • Assist Coordinator with scheduling trainers to ensure new trainers are mentored and paired with an experienced trainer. • Serve as part of the TTCP development team and participate in meetings with the Department of Human Services and Child Welfare Training Academy toward curriculum development. • Develop curriculum for training, incorporating dynamic training methods and techniques including online training. • Develop and prepare educational aids and materials, utilizing training best practices and education principles.
2. (25%) Develop curriculum, train, and evaluate tribal community training competency and certification. • Manage schedules, records, and trainers. • Engage tribal communities in planning training events. • Organize venues, meals, training tools, payments to vendors. • Organize trainers to provide training and make accommodations. • Ensure trainers receive payment. • Organize and issue certificates to individuals completing training. • Maintain a worker registry of completed trainings and CEU's, with ability to reproduce certificates upon request.
3. (25%) Assist Director and trainers with curriculum development, educational aids, simulation and other learning, in development of trainings. • Utilize extensive knowledge of instructional learning and design; knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools including e-learning, simulation, virtual reality, and video; and understanding of traditional and modern job training methods and techniques to develop training that meets objectives. • Design, prepare, and order educational aids, supports, materials. • Formulate training outlines and determine methodology for smoothly operating events. • Create resources to present complex information to a wide variety of audiences. • Assist with efficient utilization of University resources. • Assist with ensuring services are delivered dynamically, vibrantly, and in an entertaining manner and meeting the needs of the training audience, and achieving training objectives. • Facilitate production of materials and work with I.T. and marketing programs. • Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments, and best practices.
4. (10%) Training of Trainers. • Assist in recruiting, interviewing and selecting trainers that have the right technical and personal abilities to help further the Partnership's mission. • Organize and conduct train the trainer sessions for in-house and community trainers. • Oversee in-house training facilities and necessary training equipment to ensure trainers deliver successful presentations. • Teach facilitation skills, how to utilize modern instructional design theory, traditional and modern training methods, trends and techniques; • Train on varied methods or activities such as simulation, mentoring, virtual, web based, video, and gamification. • Maintain updated curriculum database for trainers. • Continuously add new material and training trends to data base and presentation delivery.
5. (10%) Evaluation of training. • Track the quality of training opportunities, including collecting relevant data for Center staff to evaluate. • Ensure satisfaction and learning surveys are completed by participants. • Ensure pre-post testing is complete by participants. • Collaborate with TTCP team to provide continuous quality improvement of training materials and presentations. • Gather feedback from trainers and trainees to assess instructional effectiveness and determine the impact of training to determine whether the training objectives were met. • Review instructor performance and recommend improvements to content and/or presentation methods. • Lead, mentor, coach all trainers to continuously improve training performance. • Liaise with experts regarding instructional design when needed. • Other duties as directed.
***This is a Professional and Administrative position***
BA/BS in a human services or education field and at least 6 years of relevant post-degree social work or similar experience
Experience working in tribal communities
Demonstrated experience as a trainer
Experience using training presentation tools (powerpoints, projectors, PC/Mac)
Valid driver’s license, ability to travel frequently
MA/MSW with at least 4 years of relevant social work or similar experience
College level credit hours or certification in instructional learning, educational design, or another applicable field
Curriculum development experience
Online course development and training experience
Minimum 2 years of experience working with a tribal child welfare agency
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experience working as part of a team
Internal Number: 336352
About University of Minnesota, Duluth
The University of Minnesota Duluth integrates liberal education, research, creative activity, and public engagement and prepares students to thrive as lifelong learners and globally engaged citizens.