Administrative/Support, Allied Health - Staff/Administrative, Staff/Administrative
Position Title: Applications Support Specialist
Classification Title: FT Administrator
City/Campus: Detroit - Corktown
Position Status: Full Time
The Applications Support Specialists report to the Dental Clinic IT Director and provides support to the School of Dentistry community in the use of the electronic patient management system and related systems.
In this position, the specialist co-manages clinic solutions, researches and implements new systems, provides training, support and oversees development staff and contractors. Working as a member of the Applications Support team, the specialists will be active in advancing the use, features and functions of the Dental Clinic IT systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(1) Provides leadership by building, developing, training and supervising the clinic IT staff and resources.
(2) Creates and maintains a professional culture within the IT organization delivering high satisfaction through proactive communication, mentoring, new ideas, recognizing accomplishments, effective recruiting and retention.
(3) Co-manages the Electronic Patient Management System and related systems including uptime, user security, data integrity and actively monitors performance using standard metrics.
(4) Advances the use of the features and functions of the Electronic Patient Management System and related systems to better serve the user community.
(5) Works with vendors to stay up-to-date with releases, expand services and resolve issues.
(6) Co-authors standard policies and procedures governing the use of the School of Dentistry Clinic IT systems to comply with external regulations and internal practices and enforce such policies, where possible.
(7) Works with the Dental Clinic IT Director and the Dean of Clinic Administration to ensure the IT operations properly support the work of the clinics.
(8) Collaborates with the faculty, staff, and students to ensure IT needs are being met.
(9) Prioritizes service request and validate resolutions.
(10) Maintains contact with vendors and negotiates vendor contracts.
(11) Develops regular and ad-hoc reports for faculty and staff.
(12) Participates in training and education for faculty, staff, and students.
(13) Monitors and verify daily backup.
(14) Performing other duties as requested.
A four-year college degree with two to five years of related experience and/or equivalent experience.
A four-year college degree with five to seven years of related experience and/or equivalent experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
(1) A college degree with two years to seven years experience.
(2) Ability to lead a team environment and mentor staff.
(3) Excellent problem solving skills.
(4) The ability to organize complex information into an understandable format and convey that information to people with no technical knowledge.
(5) Prior experience conducting training to small and large groups.
(6) Strong technical writing skills including technical diagramming using flowcharts, data flow diagrams and other applicable documentation methods.
(7) Strong knowledge of Dental Clinic software solutions.
(8) Experience with many diverse hardware, software and operating system environments.
(9) Willingness to learn.
(10) Strict attention to detail, responsiveness when unexpected down-time occurs and commitment to ensuring user base receives optimal uptime of computer systems.
(11) A commitment to the highest ethical standards in IT use.
(12) Professional experience in the use of Crystal Reports or other enterprise level report authoring tool.
Job may require lifting light weight objects (1 to 10 pounds) with no repetitive bending or stooping.
Occasionally lift average weight objects (1 to 10 pounds).
Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
Open Date: 01/10/2020
Salary/Pay Information: Commensurate with experience.
Anticipated Schedule: Schedule varies.
About University of Detroit Mercy
Michigan’s largest, most comprehensive private university, the University of Detroit Mercy is an independent Catholic institution of higher education sponsored by the Religious Sisters of Mercy and Society of Jesus. The university seeks qualified candidates who will contribute to the University's urban mission, commitment to diversity, and tradition of scholarly excellence. The University of Detroit Mercy is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer with a diverse faculty and student body and welcomes persons of all backgrounds.
Internal Number: AF9500-PG001-1054-1198
About University of Detroit Mercy
The University of Detroit Mercy has one goal - to help our students realize their dreams and ambitions. We fulfill that goal by offering challenging academic programs taught by talented, committed professors and supplemented by hands-on research, co-op, and internship opportunities.